Feature Request: Better Way To Interact With Side Windows

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by AlexNL, Sep 3, 2020.

1. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

In some trains in Train Sim World, it's possible to open a side window in the cab. Take the TRAXX locomotives and the Dosto cab cars as an example. Once you've opened the window, the game displays a "Press [E] to use shunt position" popup. Once I press [E], the game puts me in a 'head out window' view and I can control the locomotive that way.

Unfortunately, this is not possible on all trains. Take the 377 on East Coastway for example, or the 72TS on the Bakerloo Line. While the cab windows on both trains can't be opened, there is no easy way to get into a 'head out window' view. It's possible to get into an external camera view by sitting down in the driver's seat and pressing the left/right arrow keys, but this feels a little immersion breaking. If my cab had openable side windows, I want to be able to walk up to them and lean out of them.

Derail Valley does this in a nice way: when you're walking around, you can lean left (Q) or lean right (E). This tilts the camera so that when driving a train, you can lean out of a window and look at what's going on behind you.

I would like to see TSW2 adopt a similar system, so I can lean out of any window just like a real driver would.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

This would be a great addition. I was thinking of this a while ago, after a tried MSB. This would be good as you it'd mean you don't have to take over a service to put your head out, plus you could even pretend to be the guard watching the train out of the platform. On the class 101 and Mark 1, 2 & 3 coaches you could have this option on all of the droplights which may make passenger mode a bit more interesting.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 2