Feature Suggestion: Random Red Signals In Quick Drive.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kim Olesen, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Well-Known Member

For me having to randomly stop once in a while before a red signal would be a HUGE improvement to TS. I’ve been making quick drive scenarios where this happens (by placing random generated ai trains in the path of the player train) but it would be much easier if this was just implemented in the dispatcher code or by some orher means.

ZuSi have a similar function called “chaos”. And in the recent Tsw2 survey the randomization of events was also hinted at.

As for the user end it could simply be a slider going from 0-100% chance of a signal being randomly at red. If the slider is set to, say, 10% then then on the chance of running into a red main signal should be one in every 10 signal blocks. (I achieve that by setting the probability of an ai train spawning to 0,1). And ofcourse then the time it stays red should also be randomized. So sometimes the main signal will have cleared when you get near it, other times you will have to stop and wait for it to clear.

• Like Like x 2
  2. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

I agree, there is a huge lack of AI in quick drive scenarios, thus everything is always green lit signals.

• Like Like x 1