Feedback On Mileage Markers For Devs.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by chieflongshin, Feb 28, 2021.

1. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Just a quick one and it may just be me but on sand patch and some of the other services I’ve noticed the miles to objective appears to be as the crow flies and fluctuates.

Is there a reason and can it not be in miles to go down the rails rather than flying?

it’s caught me out a few times when 11miles becomes 24

2. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

It's always been like that, but it's most noticable on Sand Patch. I think it was to do with optimisation or something.

3. GrayDawg

GrayDawg Well-Known Member

After so long, I'm used to it, I suppose. Or rather, I don't even care how many miles it says, since as it is now it's broken/bugged/flawed, whatever you want to call it. If I drive from point A to whatever point after that, it would be interesting to perhaps know how far I still have to drive. As it stands, dunno, need to guesstimate that all by my lonesome, because the in game hud distance measuring function supposed to provide me with this information is, well measuring something completely different. Something I couldn't care less about. This is the type little thing that can be very irritating, and should never have existed in the first place.

4. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Well it's obviously less calculations to measure distance in a straight line than to follow the tracks. But sounds like a cheap excuse, literally any other game can measure route distance the proper way - so I highly doubt it's something hard to achieve.

5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s something to do with the distances being from the player I think. As you can get out of your train and walk to where objectives are, all measurements are taken from the player character in a straight line, as you don’t always follow a track. That means the same system can be used whether you are walking or driving. There may be other reasons why there can’t be a track measurement when the player is driving.