Sales Festival Of Rail 2023 Overview

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Alex, Feb 2, 2023.

1. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Yea I know, would be nice to have

2. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I picked that up too, as well as Rapid Transit. Slowly getting my PC collection up to par with Xbox lol

3. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

I can’t wait for the reveal so I can finally talk about the US route

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
  4. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

The tension rises in the community, while JD can slowly relax a bit, because he doesn't have to delete anything anymore! ;)

5. MAX1319

Just curious was train simulator classic also part of the event.? Haven’t seen much of new content being announced except for the upcoming german route

6. MAX1319

Lol.

7. MAX1319

Now I know how the devs and ambassadors feel when they can’t reveal the content

8. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

New York to Trenton and Derby & Nottingham to Lancaster.

9. elric#1386

elric#1386 Well-Known Member

I'm so looking forwards to these new routes.

10. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Ok so as a Leicester lad, I'm so excited to finally see my home city represented in the game with the Midland Mainline Leicester/Derby/Nottingham route. I had many storming runs with the HST over this route in the past. Also floored by the Ambergate/Buxton peak forest announcement. Really can't wait for both of these routes. Nice to see UK routes as well with more than one Loco/Unit on them.

• Like Like x 2
  11. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

A request for the Peak Forest line. Can we have a wheelbarrow at Cromford Station? (Oasis fans will know what I mean).

• Like Like x 3
  12. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

So many announcements! I’m really glad I didn’t buy the recent releases at full price now (for various reasons, I guess I just wasn’t as hyped as I am for these new DLCs) because the next few months will be expensive :D

There’s so much amazing content in here. I particularly like the amount of rolling stock that is included in all of these new routes. NY - Trenton with a brand new loco + wagons and the return of the Amtrak cab car. “Left Rhein” with a new loco + wagons and new versions of existing rolling stock. New Skyhook route with a new train and essentially completely reworked HST. And obviously the steam route with a new loco (along with the existing ones) as well. This wealth of content makes me much more comfortable with paying the increased route prices.

• Like Like x 3
  13. elric#1386

I just hope that they do a better job with the Peak Forest than what they did with SoS.

• Like Like x 2
  14. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

Since a part of the linke Rheinstrecke has been announced, let's hope for some future parts, that also could get added, like Cologne-Koblenz and Mainz-Frankfurt

• Like Like x 2
  15. LodeStar

LodeStar Active Member

FoOssMLX0AEbON9.jpg FoOssMNWYAA1LzI.jpg FoOssMYXwAAUNiN.jpg FoOssNHXgAIpR0m.jpg

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS! SO HAPPY WITH THIS!!!! :love::love::love::cool::cool:

• Like Like x 4
  16. SteveRail

SteveRail Well-Known Member

In terms of the midland Mainline, do many/any services have end to end destinations at these stations or are they all likely to be going somewhere else ie. The full service isn’t drivable…

17. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

So much content and in such a short time! You have to process it first. New is the BR103, the BR628, the Acela Express, the ALP-46 and the Class158. Otherwise there are still a lot of reskins and TOD4 upgrades. I would say the summit lived up to its name and console players are at the top of the list at DTG. The "Linke Rheinstrecke" is a very good choise for Germany, set in the late 90s and with the iconic 103. That's my personal highlight of tonight. The Niddertalbahn looks also promising. JD's German pronunciation can still be improved a bit, but has done well. ;) 3 US DLCs are planned to be released this February, that's a lot and February has only 28 days!

• Like Like x 2
  18. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

Not really, however I don't think it's a problem personally.
    The HSTs would be on the St Pancras to Nottingham services hourly, however I'm willing to bet they'll also put them on the half hourly St Pancras to Sheffield services and the other hourly service to Nottingham, which has a different stopping pattern. These services were usually left to Meridians in the later EMT years, but the route will be quite dead otherwise.

I'm assuming the 158s are on the Leicester to Lincoln via Nottingham services. These were mainly worked by 156s (and currently 170s), but 158s were far from unheard of on them. I presume they'll also be on Nottingham to Matlock via Derby services. Again, usually I saw 156s on this service in my experience but 158s were also known to work them.

• Like Like x 2
  19. SteveRail

SteveRail Well-Known Member

Cheers for the info, personally not a fan of incomplete routes, albeit will reserve judgement until more info is released.

20. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Just wanted to add some of my thoughts of the summit stream, although only for content which I'm interested in:

- I think this was a really great idea overall by DTG to showcase to the community. This reminds me of the older style of roadmaps which were great as you can actually get really excited about new content again.
    - I think Northeast Corridor: New York-Trenton sounds really great. What I really love about this the most though is the use of the brand-new loco DLC - Acela - with it. What I like most about TSW is where existing routes in the same era can be developed to where it feels more like a wider network, in turn allowing use of existing locos and other content for a busier, better timetable. The best thing is being able to operate the same service over multiple routes which is fantastic and feels like an actual sim. Also, nice to see the cabcar make a return to the game too!
    - While I don't play the route, glad to see Sherman Hill get upgraded with newer lighting/skies and really hope more older routes do too - now London Commuter please!
    - Gameplay of Niddertalbahn looks nice, great scenery. Not sure how much replayability with single-track though, plus how much existing content such as locos can be used? Also, not a major fan of the 1992 era.
    - German content is my favourite in TSW, however, for me personally, the new Mainz-Koblenz was the biggest disappointment tonight, while the BR 103 looks amazing, primarily the era ruins it for me - I really wanted this to be modern and link with existing TSW routes; and no, I don't want to just use scenario planner for a modern setting. I find it highly frustrating considering Niddertalbahn is not present day modern and that the last German route - Bremen - already heavily featured n-Wagens. Are now all German routes going to not be modern?
    - Leicester - Derby and Nottingham: Finally a new UK modern route with TWO locos featured - now please just make sure the timetable is great. Also pleased to see the 158 which, as being ubiquitous across much of the UK, hope to see it in more routes, existing and new!
    - Tram Sim World - quite interesting, not entirely sure about this as not a major fan of trams.

• Like Like x 2
  21. frabjousvector

frabjousvector Well-Known Member

Midland Main Line gets me excited as it is, but with the beautiful old Stagecoach livery? Phwoar. I wonder if there’s a chance for some layers at St. Pancras + future South West Trains content?

• Like Like x 1
  22. marcsharp2

The HST will be London-Sheffield as far as Derby and London-Nottingham, both to and from Leicester. The 158 will be operating local services between Leicester and Nottingham, Derby and Nottingham.

• Like Like x 1
  23. ApollonJustice

ApollonJustice Well-Known Member

After announcing so many great new routes, the same old question: Where is the addon-manager? Won't be able to use any of them without it...

• Like Like x 1
  24. marcsharp2

The 158s are now very common on the Leicester-Nottingham corridor with 156s becoming uncommon

25. HappyBasher

HappyBasher Active Member

Rather disappointed that the leicester-derby-nottm route is recycling the HST again (just a new skin) so it's really only the 158 that you get new. would be much more interesting to provide a meridian, don't think TSW has one of those yet!

26. rennekton#1349

It's not just a new skin. It has new engine sounds, new cab and new passenger interiors to match the emt variant

• Like Like x 7
  27. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

The HST has been reworked with new engine and interior so not just a new skin by any means.

Edit: Sorry Rennekton I hadn't seen you slipped in there first mate.

• Like Like x 2
  28. cloudyskies21

But surely this is a whole lot better than such a route that could have just featured a 158 on its own though? DTG should be, where able, to use existing locos in TSW if it makes the timetable busier and more realistic. Otherwise, by such logic, it wouldn't be realistic if the 158 for example was never featured in another route ever again purely because it was recycled...

• Like Like x 4
  29. rennekton#1349

For niddertalbahn, I don't think there would be any existing content since the appropriate trains aren't there. Don't know my german stuff.

For the new german route being not modern, many people requested older german content, specifically the nwagens and the 110, and now the 103. It is only the second one. Hma, msb, hrr, rsn, rro, ska, dra, dcz, hbl, are all modern. We have had too much modern content with too many modern traxx locomotives which many people are getting tired of. So assuming they are going to abandon modern content completely is just absurd

It's not tram sim world. It was originally made for pc only on steam. Dtg are only porting it over to consoles. It's sort of very grindy and more hardcore compared to tsw. Need to learn a whole manual and stuff like that.

• Like Like x 3
  30. marcsharp2

The HST is VP185 so different sounds. Carriages were different interiors to the GWR sets. The headlights for the HSTs were different as well. So it's more than just a reskin

• Like Like x 5
  31. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

32. elric#1386

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  33. cloudyskies21

I have nothing against older content, but with modern-day German content being one, if not, the best part of TSW currently, I certainly would liked to have seen DTG continue such trend, alongside such older routes of course too, instead of this new recent trend of continuous older content now. There may of been a lot of suggestions for older content, which is absolutely fine, but you don't represent the views of the entire TSW community though! I for one, and I bet many others too, are certainly not getting tired of such content. Finally, I wasn't be literal about no more modern German content, I'm just saying it does feel a bit like it at present.

34. frabjousvector

frabjousvector Well-Known Member

It is an absolute beauty. I’m so glad we’re getting these because I assumed that privatisation-era liveries which weren’t presently running were out of the question. I wonder what this opens the doors for in the future…

• Like Like x 3
  35. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

Bremen-Oldenburg is set in 2009. So at least from my point of view, that is still modern. (BR 425 and everything in verkehrsrot)
    Niddertalbahn is done by 3rd-party (TSG)
    So, DTG is doing their first older german route. And surely they will do more modern routes afterwards.
    So you are frustrated that DTG do 1 older route? I am happy, that after more than 5 years, DTG finally do an older route. ;)
    More modern routes will follow, so you might be happy then, but other people look forward to older routes.

• Like Like x 5
  36. cloudyskies21

Just to be clear, I don't have a problem with the new German route being older - I'm glad people can finally enjoy such. Was just surprised to hear of the era being such so soon considering Niddertalbahn is 1992 and Bremen, even if by definition a modern route, is still 14 years ago. Have been used to mostly modern present-day German routes :)

37. rennekton#1349

He's just trying to make the point that since bremen oldenburg, it has only been older content (TSG's route and now DTG's route). So based on that trend, people who want modern content are kinda left out. The last modern content was skw i think (idk the era)

38. Javelin

Javelin Well-Known Member

Leicester - Derby and Nottingham is being developed by Skyhook Games, not Just Trains.

39. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Indeed, I mixed them up. Will edit my original comment!

40. marcsharp2

I've never bought a German route on day of release, I usually wait until a sale is on. However trundling up and down a branchline set in 1992 got me smiling so I'll be buying it on day one. There's something to be said for a nice easy branchline

• Like Like x 1
  41. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

IMHO there is more than enough modern German content, wretched red Dostos everywhere. I am one of those who wanted to see some more vintage German stuff and the route, plus the 103, nails the Rhine route as a Day 1 purchase for me.

• Like Like x 2
  42. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

So the Niddertalbahn is set in 1992, that's why the old DB (Bundesbahn) logo was on the BR628. I think the BR363 in DB blue is currently the only loco, which would fit in this era. At the same time, however, a back door is left open for future train DLCs. For example, the long-awaited BR218 with mint green n-wagons or even steam locomotives. Since there used to be a locomotive shed in Glauburg-Stockheim, including a turntable for steam locomotives and special steam trains still take place regularly. But it will take quite a while, i.e. not before 2024. ;)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2023
  43. junior hornet

From the brief showing we had Niddertalbahn looks horrible. The scenery looks like a child’s painting, not realistic at all and the houses look like they came from the Early Learning Centre.

• Like Like x 1
  44. marcsharp2

You mean the showing where they made it quite clear it's a work in progress and they are nowhere near to it being finished. That showing?

• Like Like x 5
  45. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

I hope that the Br103 will come with Rhein Gold anf Inter Regio coachen

• Like Like x 1
  46. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

It would also seem they will be including new z-wagen for the 103 IC consist.

47. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Going to agree with this, Germany gets so many busy routes because it basically uses the same rolling stock everywhere. Only way to get around that is by going back an era.

I’d class myself as a modern fan, doesn’t mean I feel left out, we’ve had half a decade of modern German Routes.

Besides that, as far as German railways go, the 103 is a very important loco, for me that addition is as big as when TSW 2 launched with the ICE.

Whilst if would have been nice to run a 101 up and down this route, the 103 is in no way a worse choice.

48. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

I'd be happy just with either of it, but then as a "full" trainset with first, second class and restaurant.

• Like Like x 1
  49. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

History has shown us that a work in progress is practically meaningless in tsw. Although since it's tsg working on the route, I wouldn't expect a low quality and rushed product from him

• Like Like x 1
  50. junior hornet

That’ll be the one. The problem is that Matt and JD were gushing about how beautiful it looked. I fully hope and expect to be wowed when we get a proper preview nearer release.