Finding An Asset's Name By Clicking On It

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pasictarik10, Apr 16, 2022.

1. pasictarik10

pasictarik10 Member

Hi,

I'm looking to get rid of a certain pine tree line I keep seeing on a route but since I don't know its name in the Assets folder, I can't find it and get rid of it. However, I see the pine tree line when I go in the route editor and can click on it to delete it but doing it manually for all the copies of the pine tree line would take me hours. Is there a way to find an asset's name (for example: Tree_Pineline_Mid3) just by clicking on it and then doing some kind of search on the route editor?

Thanks in advance!

2. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Double click and you get the filename in the flyout:
    22.png
    Use TSTools to remove the asset. (Haven't tried but I'm sure it is possible)

Or use SerzMaster.exe on the Route's (NOT Assets) scenery folder to convert all tiles to xml and use a mass search and replace tool to remove it.

If you absolutely want to get rid of them, locate the corresponding Assets folder and rename them. They'll be turned into small milk bottles then ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2022
  3. ajpardy

ajpardy Member

How does SerzMaster.exe work ?plz
    Thanks

4. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

First thing is to clone the route or extract the MainContent.ap with 7zip to location of choice.

Select "Convert location" to point to the folder you want to convert, tick recursive so all subfolders (Scenery, Terrain, etc) are included.
    Select "BIN to XML" or "XML to BIN" to convert back after editing.

Clicking Process will decrypt all ".bin" files it finds to XML.

It's basically a frontend for Serz.exe.

2022-04-16 22_28_44-X__SteamLibrary_steamapps_common_RailWorks_.png

5. ajpardy

ajpardy Member

Thanks

6. pasictarik10

pasictarik10 Member

One quick thing I also wanted to ask, I know that in a route editor you can change the weather and time of day BUT I have no idea what to click in order to make the filename in the flyout appear on the right side of the screen.

7. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Go to scenario editor. You have to double click the scenario marker. To find it, press F6 and the names of the scenarios will appear.

The scenario properties flyout will be open anyway if you enter the editor.

8. pasictarik10

pasictarik10 Member

Ok but what if I open the route editor? You know, the editor where you can add and remove buildings, cars, assets etc.

9. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

If you want to edit the season and sky settings for that route, in short:

If you create a new route, the template you choose will set the sky and sunset/sunrise times as well as the sky colour gradients for specific hours.

You can edit templates with the blueprint editor.

To do that afterwards, my method is to edit the templateroute directly. I am not aware if it is possible on route level with the editor, changing it afterwards. I'm comfortable editing things like this manually with Notepad++ because it gives you full control to change things.

1. Content\Routes\{GUID}\RouteProperties.xml points to the used TemplateRoute
    2. Assets\<Provider>\<Product>\TemplateRoutes\<templateName>.bin points to the used sky model and cloud, stars, sun moon textures

Use TSTools or Serz.exe to look at the decrypted xml files.

Using a 3D weather in a scenario with activated Dynamic Clouds overrides all this, it is a whole different independent weather system.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2022
  10. pasictarik10

pasictarik10 Member

What I just need is to change the sky settings (turn night to day) in a route editor where you can add and remove assets (buildings, cars, stations etc.). The reason for me wanting to do that is that it's very difficult to edit when it's nighttime compared to when there is daylight.

11. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

If you enter the World editor from a scenario, it uses the time the scenario is at.

I'm not 100% sure but if you enter the Route builder from the menu it uses Summer season and the default time which is specified in the Summer.xml (<StartingTime>) of the used TimeOfDay folder, mostly 10 or 12 o'clock.

So if you go to Build>Route>yourRoute>Edit it should not be dark.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2022
  12. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The route is normally set up with a Free Roam and it is that you go in to when you edit the route.
    If the Free Roam starts in the dark see which one it is and edit that first.

I have a Danish Route and every time I edit the route I'm at the same location with the same two trains

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. pgdlrailworksl

pgdlrailworksl Member

>if you enter the Route builder from the menu

I think the Route builder uses the first Free Roam scenario alphabetically by name if one is available or else it creates a new one.
    I create a disposable FR named 'aaOpening' which opens with the Route builder that I know I can alter without messing a real one up.

14. pasictarik10

pasictarik10 Member

So the route editor's default weather directly depends on the first Free Roam scenario's weather? What if there are no Free Roam scenarios?

15. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

So you're saying when you go to Build>Route you have darkness? Can you give a reproducible example? I'm asking because I'm suspecting a different problem which is time-independent.

Recently I wanted to edit a scenario on NZ Midland Line. No matter what time was set, it was dark and no sun was drawn - FPS went down to 2. As soon as I pressed Play it was day again, FPS ok. Haven't been able to fix that yet, because I think it's my computer which is probably too weak for this route.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2022
  16. pasictarik10

pasictarik10 Member

When I go to the route list and click 'Edit', I have routes with darkness. But not entire darkness, just routes who's editor opens up at nightime and I don't know how to change it.

17. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

On the Left Hand box is a Torch - click that on and you will see better.
    1b Torch.jpg

Alternatively - go in to Build > Scenarios find the route you wish to look at and highlight it.
    If there is a Free Roam at the location you wish to edit open that
    If not click on New Scenario > Free Roam > pick the location and give the scenario a name

Peter