Finland's Vr

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Drawyah, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Drawyah

Drawyah Member

A route I'd very much appreciate, and I'm sure many would enjoy as well.

The Finnish InterCity network is a modern nationalised railway which two years ago went through a major overhaul giving it some rather nice route options out of Helsinki.

There is the short hop from Helsinki to Tikkurila (20km) or for a slightly longer option, the Kehärata or Ring Rail Line which runs from Helsinki via the airport and back to Helsinki again. National/Fast trains then run from Helsinki to Tikkurila either direct, or stopping at the Hartwall Arena which gives you some variation (such as Reading to Paddington with some Slough stoppers).

As for locomotives and scenery, these are quite similar to the German setup meaning Dovetail Games, you won't need to create so many assets for a new country that is not the UK, America or Germany! The main difference however is the track gauge - Finland uses the 1,524mm Russian gauge.

The Sr2 locomotive is very similar to the DB BR 185 and hauls double-decker cars, while the stopping service uses JKOY Class Sm5. Both are electric locomotives and for the most part, only need new models. Get those right, and everything should be a breeze.

You hear that Dovetail Games? A short route for the future with assets that you can use from what you already have! I can even provide a nice pack of videos and images of these trains as well! :D

• Like Like x 2