Fishing Sim World Fishing In A Box.

Discussion in 'Content and Feature Requests' started by Chizzckh, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

I've already made my feelings clear on the over bearing amount of carp in this game. I hope the Dovetail team do go down another route soon.

I appreciate that you really need to have a constant catch ratio to keep users playing, very few people would be happy staring at their monitor for hours with nothing happening...... But here's a thought!

Why not tweak it so the ledger rods and catch ratio lowers the larger the baits and hooks you use. So in theory your size 4 hook with 20mm tiger nut gets you bigger fish/larger species but there's a lot longer wait unless you hit a hotspot/right tactics/conditions.

Meanwhile your other rod for example using float or smaller hook/baits tactics gets you a steady flow of smaller species/silver fish with the odd larger fish thrown in, especially specimen versions of roach, bream etc

This way you keep the interest for players but end up having a more realistic sim and it might allow us all to target species more accurately.

Over years of fishing you will hook an unexpected catch, be it a large carp when your using methods for bream etc but currently on all the European waters flick in a wagler, size 18 hook with a maggot on the end and you spend the next hours reeling in carp after carp. That's just not realistic.

So up the stock levels of other species and bring down the carp levels so you hook them very occasionally and the big ones are really a trophy fish. We need to get away from catching 20lb plus carp every other cast.

At the moment it feels like you're fishing in a garden pond rather than huge expanses of water.

I used to fish on a river where it had a very small head of carp but was well known for its match fishing species (before carp became a match species). It also held some large chub/predator fish but again you'd have to work for them and they'd only pop up occasionally. That's where I want this game to go. I want to get away from 30 carp to 1 roach ratio.

• Like Like x 3