Euro Fishing Fishing With 3 Rods

Discussion in 'PlayStation' started by Chizzckh, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

I am interested to know if anyone actually uses 3 rods at all times? When I start a session I will tend to initially use 3 x rods to scope the best fish holding areas, bed type and the most reactive baits but as soon as I know that, I will then move to max 2, probably 1.

This is mainly down to when you have multiple hook ups which drives me mad with all the noise (Other alarms should mute after 5 seconds if you are already playing a fish imo). I do find that depending how quickly you get your first take in, eventually the others do come off - Which is frustrating as you never quite know what that fish could have been.

I think generally because you find yourself having regular sessions where all 3 x rods are hooked up constantly, this part of the game does need looking at. I am not a carp angler but surely the use of 3 or more rods in the real world is because bites are often hard to get and thus you need to cover different baits and water - On a video game it's a lot different.

2. Derrick Miller

Derrick Miller Active Member

Yes, I do use all three rods and if/when I get those triple takes on the bait I find that I can only manage to keep two working. So, I set the sim speed to 1 day = 3 hours and that makes it much less likely to get three on at once, even though it has happened. This does mean that I have to work a lot harder when I am getting blanked, changing baits or moving them or moving to another peg.

The other thing I find myself doing is watching, as best I can, to see if any fish is taking off for the old country and if I suspect it might be a boss I will drop the fish I am playing and grab that rod...I am guessing you do the same, though :)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Thats an interesting point about dropping the rod... Ive noticed certainly on the newest lake that the long runs before you pick up the rod has been very small fish. I have had several small(ish) roach run almost 80 yards out by the time the rod is selected, each time I thought this must be a boss fish and it ends up being 2lb roach. Had similar with small carp on other waters, boss fish do run also but I noticed the middle of the road carp all stay within reason fairly close in.

4. Derrick Miller

Derrick Miller Active Member

yes, I have had plenty of very ambitious 18 pounders of late...LOL

5. Master110

Master110 Active Member

Three / 2 lines with big hooks and 1 with a small.