Fix/polish/improve Hs1 Areas Of Sehs

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by londonmidland, Apr 6, 2021.

Tags:
  1. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

One thing I was pleasantly surprised in today's roadmap stream is finding out that Adam's team has given the port area in MSB some TLC, given that it is now operational to use with Rivet's DB BR 204.

Here's a before and after comparison of the same area, showing the improvements made. Top before and bottom after:

upload_2021-4-6_22-45-47.png

Given what they've done so far, I think it once Adam's team work on SEHS again, the worst looking areas should receive the same love and care similar to what has been done above.

We all know that the HS1 section of the route is the worst looking, but why is this? Well, the reason is because this section of the route was outsourced for a second party to deal with, with DTG managing the Kent part of the route. Hence the massive scenery differences between this part of the route and the Kent part of the route

Therefore I am going to recommend all work to be focused within the HS1 area of the route.

I shall now provide some of the areas which I personally think are in desperate need of a touch up:

Approach to St. Pancras: This picture says it all. An office block building half sunk into the ground, actually ON railway property, with no boundary between itself and the railway. Also note that in real life, the apartment is several meters below track level. Separated by a large metal-like fence. Not only this but there are several multi-million pound apartments within this area, yet it looks like a construction site. This area looks NOTHING like the real thing and in my opinion has been recreated VERY poorly.
    20210406225520_1.jpg

HS1 to Classic line connection: This is located east of Ebbsfleet International, and is well used. Yet the ground textures and foliage are very poorly placed. You have grass actually growing through the track. The line in the distance to the right of the picture should also not be visible from here, as in the middle where it is completely plain, it should be populated with trees.
    20210406230142_1.jpg

General plain areas/lacking scenery on HS1:
    20210406230808_1.jpg 20210406231026_1.jpg

• Like Like x 20
  2. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

maxresdefault.jpg Ebbsfleet east and St Pancras defo need work. Id probably add Hoo Junction to that list.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  3. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Yards in general in TSW seem to receive little care. It’s often a case a laying down well used looking tracks with little to no foliage/undergrowth, when in reality these tracks would be rusty and/or battered looking.

• Like Like x 1