Hi guys, ive had this since tsw 6 but if im riding in trains at night i get a constant flickering of the reflection in the windows, i did try to search to see if this had come up before but there's so many threads about various glitches it would take forever to go through lol, tried v sync on and off, changing shadows, screen percentage, display size etc but nothing seems to fix it. Anyone know what causes it? Cheers
I'm having this issue too and its to the point now where I'm gonna have to stop playing. I've tried absolutely everything in the book to address it (including trying different GPU's and machines) and it hasnt fixed it. The game is giving me migraines and I cant play it for more than 10-20 mins as a result. I'm a long time player and gutted
So i think I know whats causing it, seems that the game cant keep up with the fps thats being displayed, with smooth motion at 60 fps I can get 120 fps but it seems like although its showing 120 its struggling so I lowered the locked fps to 30. Now at 60 fps the flickering is almost eliminated except when theres the tile stutter but that cant be helped. I can go up to about 50 fps doubled and it seems ok but if I try higher for 60 x2 it seems to struggle and flicker. Obviously you don't really need that high anyway so ive locked mine at 45 to get 90 overall and it seems much better. This is on a 9800x3d with 5080 and everything maxed out. Im not sure what fps you're running at but you may have to turn your settings down a bit or limit your fps more. Hope that helps.
im running at 120fps but when i turned off all enhancements in both the game and AMD app it made no difference. I have a Radeon 6700xt and also tried it on a 9070 and it was still present. Was considering getting an Nvidia card as a last resort as I’ve exhausted all other options & configurations at this point and the game remains unplayable. I’m not the type to get involved in the hyperbole you find running through this forum usually but I’m far from happy
No i tried turning all settings to low and it was still doing it, only thing that helped was lowering the fps, even though it can run 120 it doesnt seem to be smooth in the background and that seems to be causing the flickering reflections. Try lowering it to 30 with smooth motion on to get 60 and see how it goes, like i say with the tile stutters it will still do it but its a lot less frequent and annoying then every other second
Weird, I can still run epic settings but i just needed to lower my fps and now seems much better, not sure what else to suggest for you.
Uninstall seems to be the wellbeing solution tbh. I think I’m done. Tried to get a refund through steam and was denied. Finally reached my breaking point. Like I said, I try to avoid the hyperbole on this forum but this has tipped me after years of patience
Il keep testing see if I can come up with anything else. Have you tried 30fps and using lossless scaling at all? I find smooth motion isnt all that smooth really and you can still see the artifacts when moving or panning the camera?
So just to add to this I found this thread when i was searching for some things and its really helped, https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/how-focusing-on-60-fps-might-ruin-your-experience.96588/ Sam im not sure what refresh rate you're using but with these ini additions and the change to the refresh rate and fps its running very well. Take a look. I changed my refresh rate down from 180 to 144 and it seems to run a lot smoother at 36fps then it was at 120 and i don't get any flickering reflections except with the tile stutter as usual. i completely turned off smooth motion as well. My monitor can do 180 so im going to try 45fps and see how that works.
Appreciate the help but I locked my fps at 30 last week and it made no difference as I said. I have a 120hz display, 4k native. I’ve tried all combinations of fps locks and resolutions and nothing has worked. What’s really annoying me is that I had 6 running like an absolute dream for months, at 120fps (it would drop of course but rarely below 100). It was fantastic. I made sure I had 7 set up as identically as possible to what I had going in 6 in both AMD adrenalin, windows and the game itself before I started what totalled over 60 hours of failed troubleshooting over a period of 7 days. I should make clear too, it’s not just the windows for me, it’s lights, overhead wires and reflections on tracks at night. It’s awful Last week was a complete waste of my time during a week off and I’ve had enough. Won’t be doing it again