Creation Sharing Folezz (folylantern) Projects

Discussion in 'PC Editor Discussion' started by nourthelokdriver, Oct 3, 2023.

1. nourthelokdriver

nourthelokdriver Well-Known Member

Hello some of you might know me from my other projects, like the BR101 Enhancement Pack or the BR152, but lately I have been working on a project that is very close to my heart and that is the BB22000 which is a French locomotive operated by SNCF built by Altom (the company that built the TGV) between 1976-1986 Accompanied by the VT Corail coaches (French version of IC Coaches), seeing I have threads on external community sites i suspect a lot might not be aware of my projects at the moment so therefore I started this thread to update the community here about my Work :)

After visiting the Route in real life and seeing how beautiful it was scenery and traffic wise I thought a LGV Mediteranee Update would not be too bad, and now that the public editor has released there is nothing stopping me :), therefore I am planning to build in the BB22000 and the VT Corail into TSW4 and then create a new timetable for LGV Mediteranee with a few short TER services in the Marseille Area aswell as AI TER Services and ofcourse a lot of Standing stock in the appropriate areas to make the route feel more lively.

this project is still a work in progress and changes to the models and textures are most probably gonna happen, yet I still have a few pictures and a vid to show :)

everytime I want update, I'll do it via this thread therefore I thought I'd post in the Editor section because that is what it's mostly gonna be as soon as Saving and Cooking properly works :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 41
  2. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Exactly what the LGV route needs! With just the TGV, it feels so empty and stale. Would love a normal french commuter route.

• Like Like x 7
  3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Lovely stuff.

Always had a soft spot for the old Corail coaches having done many journeys on them in France over the years - Paris to Calais, Basel to Paris, Calais to Basel. All the classic runs.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Matin_TSP

Matin_TSP Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  5. Boingleboeing

Boingleboeing Member

Exactly what I was looking for! I have no french rolling stock for my french route which is :( now if someone makes the AGC before I get a chance to do it :)

6. nourthelokdriver

Bonjour, thought I'd give a small update on the progress I am making :)

The BB22000 Cab continues in it's stages of modelling hopefully to be done (model wise) soon, also in the making and quite new is the BB22000's more modern sister the BB26000, this locomotive would add another layer of variety to the route and also goes perfect with the Corail Coaches I am planning to implement, I'm still not sure at all if I should make the BB26000 a player train or only AI, feel free to give me your opinion :)

please note the BB26000 aswell as the BB22000 are very heavy WIP, and textures they wear now are not the same I plan to release them with.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  7. Boingleboeing

Boingleboeing Member

Bonjour, ouah as we say in french! This is looking amazing blazing already can't wait to be able to feel the power (please add the feature on the BB26000 that they lift both pantographs when starting from a standstill)

8. nourthelokdriver

Was just talking about that earlier, both the BB22000 and BB26000 will have this feature implemented :)

• Like Like x 3
  9. captaingunadeep

captaingunadeep Active Member

I know about the 101 Enhancement pack and I love that. But may i know where can i find the BR 152 which you mention in the post above?

10. steamylocoman

steamylocoman Well-Known Member

it's currently wip so no release yet

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. nourthelokdriver

As mentioned by "steamylocoman" the project is still a WIP but that doesn't mean I can't show a few pics of it and a few of my other projects :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 11
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. nourthelokdriver

and for those curious this is what the Corail coaches look like in game :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
  13. railroadamerica

railroadamerica Active Member

are you the simexpress developer?

14. nourthelokdriver

no, my projects have nothing to do with simexpress

15. Matin_TSP

Regarding the question to make the other loco AI only: imo that's completely fine.

I'd say: concentrate on one project to execute it really well. And release the other loco as ai loco. And when you have more time again, you can still upgrade your Ai loco to make it playable.

• Like Like x 2
  16. nourthelokdriver

yeah was talking with a few friends yesterday that told me the same, prolly gonna do it that way :)

17. Boingleboeing

Boingleboeing Member

Whaaaaaa already! in game! sexy :) this is looking awesome, I know the title of the thing is Corail but will you be making other liveries "default" or will we have to make them in livery editor (that is if you figure out how to get it to work)

18. nourthelokdriver

I am planning 2 liveries for the coaches, One of them which is in game already which will be used for AI “intercites” services and also the côte d'azur TER colorway for the drivable services aswell as AI, the BB22/26000 aswell as the Corail coaches will be made livery designer compatible, so there you can do whatever you wish :)

19. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

So the BR152 is still a thing? Good to hear.

• Like Like x 1
  20. nourthelokdriver

been a while since i've updated you guys, progressing well on the BB22000, been working a lot lately on the cab, thought I'd show a before and after pic, (before pic being untextured and after with textures) please note that the cab model is not done yet and is still being worked on :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
  21. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

What are your plans with these loco mods? For example the BR152, when its finished at some point, will it work like a loco DLC and it can sub in for other freight locos? Really looking forward to it actually!

22. nourthelokdriver

Basically my plan is to Make a locomotive and accompany it with a new timetable, for example, the BB22000 is the Loco and will be implemented on a new timetable for LGV M, and to subsitute in any French routes to come,
    the BR152 and my Other Loco’s would be the same Case ;)

maybe one day ill be so courageous and make my own route for one the locos :)

• Like Like x 1
  23. Boingleboeing

Boingleboeing Member

If you don't mind I can add it into my French route ;)

24. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Okay, but no plans to just make em be substitutionable? I'd like the 152 on all German Routes and not just on the ones you provide a timetable with. (Meant in the least offensive way possible). I think you'll understand what I mean.. I can see that for the french loco a new timetable would be needed ofc as there is nothing it could sub in for. But at least for the 152 theres the freight trains already there. Or maybe you could provie a timetable for a "home route" similar to how DTG does it but also give the option of it subbing in for other locos on other routes? I'd not want to see its potential wasted because its only driveable on one route instead of all :)

Btw; ever had any thoughts of doing a 151 or 140/141 ? :P

25. nourthelokdriver

ofcourse :), if the Loco releases before your route does, you have my permission to use the RVD for the timetable, should you get to working on the timetable before the BB22000 releases then feel free to contact me, and I’ll send you the RVD for you to keep working on your timetable so that when i release my loco it automatically appears on your route ;)

• Like Like x 1
  26. nourthelokdriver

basically locos that can substitute in other routes will

27. Boingleboeing

Boingleboeing Member

You probably will be faster than me making a route is Sloooowww

28. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Looks really promising. Really looking forward to it :)

29. chris68

chris68 New Member

Looks good, great Job. The coachs Corail, could be for instance mixed with the IC DB coaches to imitate like 80s/90s International Trains.
    Very cool...can't wait to see what folks end up creating with the editor...

30. Myron

Myron Well-Known Member

I said this often enough but I'm really excited for the ICE 3 Velaro D!

31. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent locomotive speaking of SNCF BB22000 there is a version of capable of running High Speed Lines and the channel tunnel. Tunnel Sous Le Manche high-speed one version of BB22000 has TVM-430 and yellow nose paint these are the class 22 UK Designation second variation is MVGV 200 locomotive has TVM-430 and geared for 200 kmh. In turn will make existing and future high speed lines from France like Schnellfahrstrecke Hannover Würzburg Kassel Wilhelmshöhe Würzburg Hbf segment being high speed trains in the morning late night Freight Service

• Like Like x 1
  32. MLP Derick

MLP Derick Well-Known Member

Those look really well done I'm hoping you consider getting in touch with DTG about joining the partner program as these would be ideal additions to TSW

• Like Like x 3
  33. nourthelokdriver

hallöchen :), been a while since last updating you guys on the german beast known as the Velaro D, no it has not been forgotten, it is just ALOT of work getting it ready for use in game engines, to explain more game engines and your computers don't really do well with high poly models over about 400,000 Vertices resulting in a massive decrease of FPS, therefore the solution is decimating the model as much as possible and then bake the high poly details on textures. which has been applied here, and talking of textures the velaro has received its first set of PBR textures still being a big work in progress.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 19
  34. Myron

Myron Well-Known Member

well, time to get an RTX 4090 ;)
    while I am more of a 403/406-fan, this is really awesome looking! it still feels like TSW is missing out on ICEs (yes I know developing them takes lots of time and all that) but the Velaro D and ICE 2 will surely fill up some more gaps. I hope other people are as excited as me so I don't have to feel like a weirdo here! :D

• Like Like x 1
  35. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Looks promising ;) Really anticipating the final product, maybe its even better than some payware out there? :D

• Like Like x 3
  36. GingerPitti

GingerPitti Member

Looks amazing! Will you do the new interior or the old one?

37. Myron

Myron Well-Known Member

isn't the new interior for the 408 (ICE 3 Neo) or am I missing out on some information here?

38. GingerPitti

GingerPitti Member

You're right. I got them messed up because they look the same from the outside :s

• Like Like x 1
  39. Myron

Myron Well-Known Member

yeah I also don't know why they used the same frame (is it called frame?) for the Neo. but atleast you can spot the wider door markings :)

40. Matin_TSP

Great work, foly! I think literally everyone who saw your mods is excited about everything you go.

I got three questions:
    1. What do you think - roughly estimated - how long your French loco is going to take?
    2. Since we still don't have an official fix for cooking - would you consider using Muffs fix for it? Or are you waiting for an update by DTG?
    3. Did you get in touch with DTG to maybe officially release it?

(of course, I don't expect any of these questions to be answered)

• Like Like x 3
  41. nourthelokdriver

1. not quite sure, depends on how the editor treats me and on how long DTG need to fix the bugs being experienced at the moment.
    2. I have already used Muffs fix to cook files, and works aswell, only problem is materials still don't cook aswell as paking, and I'm not planning on going over hundreds of materials with uasset again.
    3. When locomotives/MUs are at a stage in the editor I am happy with I will get in contact with DTG to try and get them released for consoles aswell.

• Like Like x 8
  42. Myron

Myron Well-Known Member

I always wondered how it works to get them from PC to consoles, it's a big mystery to me.

• Like Like x 1
  43. nourthelokdriver

cooking for consoles works the exact same as for PC, you would only adjust your DLC file to be compatible, iirc the reason console release needs to go through DTG is because they have a license to publish content on the playstation and microsoft store.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  44. Myron

Myron Well-Known Member

so technically modding for consoles is possible but the publishers won't do it because logical reasons? hell yeahn't

45. nourthelokdriver

hellu :) after a bit of time I have a few new wip shots to show you, note that the BB26000 and BB22000 are still undergoing a lot of model work, aswell as the ICE3 Velaro D Cab. not all textures are the ones planned for unreal engine.

Attached Files:

• R1.png
      R1.png
      File size:
      1.6 MB
      Views:
    • R2.png
      R2.png
      File size:
      1.6 MB
      Views:
    • G1.png
      G1.png
      File size:
      1.9 MB
      Views:
    • R2.png
      R2.png
      File size:
      2.1 MB
      Views:
    • R1.png
      R1.png
      File size:
      1.7 MB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 14
  46. Myron

Myron Well-Known Member

ooOOOh I love the white borders on the buttons in the dark! I find the cab of the 407 to be quite interesting, it also looks kinda tight in there but thats probably just me. one question though, are the side windows in the cab usable? from what I remember, you said it's dependent on KWGs ICE 3, but that one has its windows glued into the frame (unusable) :(
    hats off to you for the great work! :)
    (yes the french locos also look cool, but you know me, I'm always looking forwards to the Velaro D first!)

• Like Like x 1
  47. Myron

Myron Well-Known Member

oh hell one final question and I'll be gone, is support for the french power system planned? I am aware it travels in france aswell, would be neat if that was implemented for some railtours or whatever ;)

48. nourthelokdriver

Correct the Velaro is going to be Dependent of the KWG BR403 Temporarily until I learn how I can make my own perfected simugraphs. which im gonna be learning on the BB22000, would not have much to do with the windows though, they’ve probably just not been animated but I can animate the windows on the velaro to open.

I haven’t yet thought about it’s safety systems, but seeing im working on french locomotives that will include the French Signalling System, I don’t think it would be that hard to implement it on the Velaro D aswell.

• Like Like x 1
  49. nourthelokdriver

also a few shots straight out of Substance Painter cuz why not :) (keep in mind these are not rendered models and therefore don't look as "sharp")

Attached Files:

• SP1.png
      SP1.png
      File size:
      725.2 KB
      Views:
    • SP2.png
      SP2.png
      File size:
      642.9 KB
      Views:
    • SP3.png
      SP3.png
      File size:
      821.9 KB
      Views:
    • SP4.png
      SP4.png
      File size:
      474.4 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2023
    • Like Like x 10
  50. -_-LivvuAurora-_-

-_-LivvuAurora-_- Well-Known Member

I think i've watched your videos before, really impressive stuff honestly! Community addons like this really gives me a bit of hope for the future as it really offer a great number of things between development time of DTG DLCs. Obviously, as a console player I don't think I'll be able to get it anytime soon but still it's amazing. Best of luck! :)

• Like Like x 3