Forming Steel Sce

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by ht-57, Jan 7, 2018.

1. ht-57

ht-57 Member

I really like the gp 40 and c-beams /steel cars , excellent textures!
    My thoughts on this sce. (I do appreciate the effort that goes into making it)
    However, The hump tower controller must of forgot his meds to have misclassified all those cuts-
    IRL- the cars are backed over the hump and automagically grouped together for their next destination. Then the "trim crew" takes the cuts to the departure yard to assemble an outbound train. Not assemble the train in the receiving yard using the hump track as a drill track, which is totally counter intuitive to actual operations. The detail the devs strive for then release a sce like this confuses the hell outta me..
    there's plenty of you tube vids of hump ops.
    I only say this as constructive criticism so this sim can get better.

2. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm not sure DTG knows/cares about how the hump yard actually works. (Hell, just look at the types of trains they stick into the hump yard as static consists.) They could have just made all those cuts of cars random types and not just steel coils and the scenario could be exactly the same but with significantly more realism... But no, they effectively go out of their way to make it unrealistic because "hey we added steel coil cars, make a scenario that uses them, k?" A unit train would never come out of the hump yard at all, much less in multiple cuts. But hey, ignorance is bliss right?

I would bet you that they would cite "artistic license" as what they are doing here because "oh this way the scenario is the most fun and engaging" when there are all kinds of vastly more realistic operations that are just as interesting, and probably more fun because there won't be the need to write up posts on it.