Framingham/worcester Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by lucasfor49, Jan 22, 2022.

?
  1. yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  1. lucasfor49

lucasfor49 Well-Known Member

Hello, and thank you for reading another one of my suggestions! Today I will be talking about the Framingham/Worcester Line which runs between Boston and Worcester.

the route:
    Lets start with the route shall we. This is a 44.3 mile long route which opened in 1835. As of 2018 this line has a daily ridership of 18,636 people which is the second busiest in the MBTA Commuter rail system. This route has 18 stations which are:

South Station:
    [​IMG]
    This is the busiest Rail and bus terminal in Greater Boston Located on Atlantic Avenue. This station has 8 platforms (6 island platforms and 2 side platforms) with a total of 13 tracks. You would see several other Amtrak and MBTA services being AI at this station serving both Intercity and Commuter.

Back Bay:
    [​IMG]
    This station is located on Dartmouth Street with 4 platforms (2 for NorthEast Corridor, 1 for the orange line and 1 for the Framingham/Worchester line) with 7 tracks (3 for NorthEast Corridor, 2 for Orange line and 2 for Framingham/Worchester line.) this station is 1.2 miles (1.9 km) away from South Station .

Lansdowne:
    [​IMG]
    This location is located on Brookline Avenue with 2 platforms (both only serving this line.) this station is 2.5 miles (4 km) away from south station.

Boston Landing:
    [​IMG]
    This is located on Everett street with just 1 island platform. This station opened in 2017 and as of now has this line as the only service. it is 4.7 miles (7.6 km) away from South Station.

Newtonville:
    [​IMG]
    This is located on Washington Street with 1 platform. This station is only serviced by This line. This is 8.1 miles (13 km) away from south station

West Newton:
    [​IMG]
    This is located on Washington Street and has 1 platform. As most of the other stations this is only served by the Framingham/Worcester Line. This station is 9.1 miles (14.6 km) away from south station.

Auburndale:
    [​IMG]
    This is located on Lexington Street and has 1 platform. As all the previous stations after Back bay this station is only served by this line. This station is 10.2 miles (16.4 km) away from south station.

Wellesley Farms:
    [​IMG]
    This is located on Croton Street and has 2 platforms. This station however you guessed it, only has Framingham/Worcester line services. This line is 12.5 miles (20.1 km) away from South Station.

Wellesley Hills:
    [​IMG]
    This is located on Washington Street and has 2 platforms. From this point on if I don't say any other services are at the station assume its just this route. this is 13.5 miles (21.7 km) away from south station.

Wellesley Square:
    [​IMG]
    this is located on Grove Street and has 2 platforms. and is 14.7 miles (23.7 km) away from south station

Natick Centre:
    [​IMG]
    This is located on Walnut Street with 2 platforms and is 17.4 miles (28.5 KM) away from South Station

West Natick:
    [​IMG]
    This is located on West Central Street and has 2 platforms. it is located 19.9 miles (32 km) away from South Station.

Framingham:
    [​IMG]
    This station is located on Waverly Street and has 2 platforms. At night you can see the lake Shore Limited Amtrack service however during day it is only the Framingham/Worchester line. This station is 21.4 miles (34.4 km) away from South Station.

Ashland:
    [​IMG]
    This station is located on Pleasant Street and has 2 platforms. It is 25.2 miles (40.6 km) Away from South Station.

Southborough:
    [​IMG]
    This station is located on Southville Road and has two platforms. This station is 27.4 miles (44.1 km) away from South Station

Westborough:
    [​IMG]
    This station is located on Smiths Parkway and has 2 platforms. This station is 34 miles (54.7 km) away from South Station.

Grafton:
    [​IMG]
    This station is located on Pine Street and has 2 platforms. it is 36.4 miles (58.6 km) away from South Street.

Union Station (Worcester):
    [​IMG]
    This station is located on Washington Square and has 3 platforms. This station is the terminus for the route and at night has the lake Shore Limited. this is 44.2 miles (71.1 km) away from South Station.

Rolling stock:
    [​IMG]
    EMD F40PH in Amtrack Livery has a max speed of 110 mph and is a diesel-electric train.

[​IMG]
    EMD GP40MC in Amtrack livery with a max speed of 105 mph and is a diesel-electric train.

Conclusion:
    I believe this would be a good addition to tsw2 as it would add some more variety to the USA selection (which when not freight are very city based) as this is a fairly "nature" route as for a few miles you go to the American countryside. Now as much I would love to see a scenario where you need to drive a serivce but signallers accidently put the tracks as closed and there are kids on the tracks that would be stupid and would NEVER happen. Anyway thank you for reading - Seriously what is my name on this website.

2. hydramere

hydramere New Member

This suggestion is awesome! I'd love to see it in the game as I've ridden on it and its most definitely a fun ride!

3. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I would definitely love to see the Worcester/Framingham line come to TSW 2 someday in the future.