Freight Expansion Dlc For Northen Trans Pennie No.2 With Scenarios!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gabe_1.0, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

Hi devs, I feel we need even more freight variety for NTP.

1.Milk tankers
    2.Oil Tankers
    3.Coal hoppers
    4.The caboose!
    5.Cattle cars
    6.Flat cars with big wooden boxes (1 per car where is loaded with crane)

Scenarios:
    Coal Runs like on CSX route, Oil tanker runs, delivery of cattle, milk utilizing the caboose, etc. These are all old style cars like the ones we have now.

2. Trim

Trim Active Member

Milk? Cattle?? Is the route being re-set to the 1930s? They'd better put the other two tracks back between Diggle and Heaton Lodge, and add goods yards to the stations, too. They could give us the Micklehurst loop between Stalybridge and Diggle as well while they were at it.

Coal is the obvious traffic that is missing, which at the time would have been MGRs (merry-go-round: 33-ton air-braked hoppers). I don't think 16-ton unfitted (or vacuum-braked) mineral wagon trains lasted beyond the 1970s. NTP Heavy Freight already has oil.

By the 1970s, brake vans (cabooses) were only used really used on unfitted trains (without continuous air or vacuum brakes), but these had pretty much vanished by the end of the 70s. Their main use by the 1980s was on engineer's trains, and there is certainly scope for an engineer's train expansion, given the huge set of sidings at Newton Heath CCE depot (across the line from the DMU depot) that is completely empty at the moment, and I've seen a picture of Huddersfield station sidings from the early 1980s which is mostly full of engineer's vehicles.

I wouldn't fancy taking an unfitted train with the class 40, mind. Its loco brakes seem badly in need of adjustment, and I have no idea why the brake handle is so senstive to key presses - none of the other locos are like it.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

All for HEAs and a 56?

• Like Like x 1