[french Route Suggestion] Chemin De Fer De La Baie De Somme

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by Le_Péploum, Jun 29, 2021.

1. Le_Péploum

Le_Péploum New Member

Hello all !
    Today, I'll present you the "Chemin de fer de la Baie de Somme".
    39806-chemin-de-fer-de-la-baie-de-somme.jpg
    It's a french touristic railway, located in Picardie (North-West of France) running from Le Crotoy to Cayeux-sur-Mer, via Noyelles-sur-Mer and Saint-Valéry-sur-Somme. The line is not electrified, and has a total length of 27 kilometers.
    1280px-Plan_Chemin_de_fer_de_la_baie_de_Somme.png
    The section between Le Crotoy and Noyelles-sur-Mer is a 1 meter gauge as well as the extension towards Cayeux-sur-Mer. Also, a double gauge track ( 1 meter and standard gauge at the same time ) portion is present between Noyelles-sur-Mer and Saint-Valéry.The main depot is located near Saint-Valéry. Historic french locomotives and old swiss rolling stocks runs accross this line, known to be one of the most beautiful touristic railway in France.
    Chemin_de_fer_Baie_de_Somme.jpg
    It would be, I think, a good addition for Train Simulator all the more so we don't have a lot of touristic lines available for the game, not a lot of french routes (even if some independant creators created pretty good french routes..) and especially it can combine 1 meter and standard gauge rolling stock on rails, something very unique, even in Train Simulator !
    Chemin-de-Fer-de-la-Baie-de-Somme.jpg
    That's it !
    I hope my post will attract players (and maybe developers) in order to introduce them to a really nice line in real-life.

I let you here, have a good day / evening ! :)
    Le_Péploum

• Like Like x 1