PlayStation Full-route Free-roam Scenarios In Tsw 2020 Routes

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Stockton Rails, May 24, 2020.

?
  1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Don’t Care

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

Hello everybody-

As some of you might already be aware of, in the Hamilton Explorer scenario in the Oakville Sub route, the player has the ability to put together any train you like based on available locos and rolling stock in the scenario. But... you are unfortunately restricted to a fairly small area in the route map in which to run any train you might put together there, and *don’t* have access to the full route.

So... I created a poll to find out if anyone else (besides me) would be interested in having a similar free-roam scenario (for trains) in *all* routes for TSW 2020- that gives you (and your train) access to the entire route, and would not restrict movement to a limited area. Please vote Yes, No, or Don’t Care- whatever your personal take is on having this capability in the sim in the future.

Thanks in advance for your participation!

Last edited: May 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

That does seem interesting, as in the peninsula corridor I sometimes wanna create other realistic Caltrain services (mp36 with gallery cars, f40 with bombardiers) at CEMOF but I’m restricted due to signals:(

It sucks to have limitations, these scenarios are a must, it would help to earn extra AP as well;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

Yep... if they created a full-route free-roam scenario in routes that don’t already have them- and added functional signaling with other active rail traffic sprinkled throughout the route- this might be a big step in the right direction. Someone in the Xbox forums (I set up this same poll there and in the PC forums too) mentioned the operational signaling and add’l rail traffic... I liked both of those ideas. And your idea about getting extra APoints is a good one too... maybe based on complexity of the train, number of locos, distance traveled, etc.

• Like Like x 1