1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Future Forum Feature And Section Suggestions Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TrainSim-Dmitri, May 9, 2019.

1. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Staff Member

Hi everyone.

We are planning to eventually move to a better forum software. Many, including myself, would like to see some forum sections reorganised. For instance, it was suggested to combine Train Sim World PC and Console discussions into one, considering that we are now aiming to release on both versions at the same time.

Feel free to add your suggestions here.

• Upvote Upvote x 3
  2. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

I would definitely like to see some better (perhaps automatic) handling of the content suggestions section. Too many threads with just a few replies clog up the entire section, pushing the suggestions that had effort put in down the list and making them harder to see. A proposal that's just 3 sentences long and has zero replies does not deserve to have its own place on the top of the list.

• Upvote Upvote x 12
  3. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

Perhaps auto-delete suggestions that don't reach a certain length to stop spamming of content suggestions with low effort posts.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    • Upvote Upvote x 1
  4. Sintbert

Sintbert Active Member

Disable any downvote functionality as it is mainly creating bad vibes.

• Upvote Upvote x 10
    • Downvote Downvote x 3
  5. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Active Member

Delete suggestions and proposals of road, loco, material, because you do not take it into account

• Downvote Downvote x 6
  6. Rail Master

Rail Master Active Member

Sintbert Yes, no Downvotes! And the bottom wallpaper of the forum with a Winner Screenshot, please. Also, we can only post a proposal if is GOOD, with minimum 2 images and X number of words.

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  7. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Please make ensure that users can only post in existing subforums i.e. prevent the current situation where if you select the PC, PS4 or XBox forums there are numerous threads which are not posted in any of the existing subforums.

It would be nice if users were able to mark various subforums as read. Currently the only way to do this is to individually open every thread in a forum which is not really feasible in some of the more popular subforums.

• Upvote Upvote x 2
  8. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

DTG should actually respond to proposals and ideas that took effort.
    Like if you do a proposal that catches their eye they could say ‘this is a good idea we will take it into account’ or something like that

9. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

A gallery section and no downvote since the downvote isn’t creating a good vibe like someone said

• Upvote Upvote x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Shukal

Shukal Well-Known Member

Definitely agree with that, content suggestions are a mess. Good proposals are drowned in a sea of low effort posts.

Agree with that too. A forum doesn't need downvotes.

11. Ninetofive925

Ninetofive925 Well-Known Member

Half of me agrees, but the other half not. Let me explain why:

While downvotes aren't always given for valid reasons, if you see a post you disagree with, you can just downvote it and move on. I think disabling downvotes would actually encourage people to respond with text, and with that, personal attacks. I think upvotes/downvotes are a good way to sort of show "approval ratings" of a comment/post without insulting or turning threads into keyboard battlefields.

Just my opinion though.

• Upvote Upvote x 2
  12. Dynamite Andy

Dynamite Andy Member

A gallery section would be nice, there is alot of screenshot threads - but no place to easily view them all.

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  13. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Active Member

Had a giggle about this one, but all we'd need is a usefull button so it gains intrest of other members to hopefully get it noticed sooner so the idea/feature can reach the development stages. downvote dose have a small purpouse but not very useufull

14. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Far too limiting. Not every post requires a screenshot -- in fact, most don't. Limiting number of words (either low or high limit or both) strikes me as ridiculous and dictatorial.

• Upvote Upvote x 2
  15. kalteVollmilch

kalteVollmilch Active Member

I gotta agree with LastTrainToClarksville. This system probably will get abused quickly with just 2 useless pictures and useless words to reach the requirements.
    But maybe some kind of form would be a good idea?
    You could have dedicated fields for loco name, why it is interesting, pics, more information and whatever else would fit.
    By doing so this system could also be expanded, where users can vote for their favourites, and this way a kind of leaderboard of the most wanted suggestions could be created.

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  16. palme111100

palme111100 Member

(Nice user name btw ;))
    Agreed, some kind of form would definitely help to organize the suggestions.
    And the limitations would either lead to abuse or to users not posting their perhaps useful suggestion, so I'm as well not a fan of this idea.

Now, what I would want to see in the future is some kind of response from DTG, especially on the feature suggestion.

17. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Much better than KalteMagerMilch..... :)...

I do think a form would be helpful to at least standardize the information one should put into a request — not a fan of #of Pictures or length of prose

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  18. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Once this issue is solved (if ever), can we just get back to herding cats?