PC Future Named Loco's?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Scorpion71, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

One thing I especially like in service mode is everytime you play it, the loco numbers are random generated (great for if you want to go back to spotting days!) The thing is, whenever I see a certain loco, I think ahhh, that's was named x,y or z, which brings me onto this question - when/or will we see named loco's? I know it's not a high priority but would be a great addition

• Like Like x 4
  2. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

This would be nice and probably quite easy to do. The problem is all trains currently use the exact same variant when the numbers are randomly generated. So when applying the nameplate, they’ll have to create a tag or whatever so the nameplate only appears on the appropriate numbered train.

3. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Just like North Star you mean :) The script for that will detect the number and if it's correct will enable the nameplate.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Hi Matt,

Yes, I was originally going to mention North Star in my OP but wasn't sure of how the script (if any) worked for showing a nameplate for that model. So then, from what you are saying, there's a chance we'll be seeing named 47's and 45's in NTP in the not too distant future? ;)

5. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

Nice! That sounds promising.

I have the feeling this would only apply to UK trains, but this could apply to CSX locos as well. 4 of the YN3b AC4400CW's have stickers to pay heritage to / enforce copyright of older railroads, and 3 more AC4400CW's (1 in YN3b, 2 more in YN2) have a "Spirit of" sticker on the side. CSX 1 is the Spirit of West Virginia, 391 is the Spirit of Dante, and 454 is the Spirit of Magnolia.

Since it's a lot less common, I would understand why these might not get added, especially with paint scheme complications, as it seems that any AC4400CW can spawn in either paint scheme, and the first 9 units (CSX 1 - 9, including the Spirit of West Virginia) don't seem to be modeled at all, but it would be a nice touch anyway.

6. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Would be great to have vinyls on certain locos. Would also be great to have large logo BR blue and Intercity livery for the 47s?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 1