PlayStation Future Road Map

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

One thing about these Forums that I get constant delight from is when I see a really very satisfied and enthusiastic customer, or when people get giddy and excited about a new DLC coming.... or post screenshots from their actual experiences.... I absolutely love to see it. I am genuinely really pleased for you, that you have achieved satisfaction and enjoyed the product. For me, that is one box ticked. So, of course, if you have enjoyed your experience and got value for the money spent on the DLC that you used, then you should not be upset. Not at all.

What I (sincerely) suggest you think about though... is to try to not be upset about other people not achieving the same level of satisfaction as you. Other people's less than perfect experiences do not invalidate your experiences. Your positive experience does not get diminished because other people have had a different experience, or have different expectations. Other people in the world do not have to have a consensus opinion that happens to be your opinion, to make your feelings valid. It's perfectly okay for a variety of opinions and feelings to exist at the same time, amongst different people.

To tick my box, DTG would have to do just a little bit more than just take my money, and offer to fix the broken thing that I bought and ask me to consider that to be a bonus. But get this... if my box gets ticked (and it clearly usually gets ticked... because I am here on this Forum....)... then so does yours...! We can both be happy!

It might seem that way to you, but I think that you have absolutely no evidence to make that accusation. Which seems to me to be quite similar to the earlier part of our conversation. You don't really know what my views are, or what my standards/expectations are. There are quite a lot of people in these Forums that would probably consider my acceptable standards to be quite low. Some will think that they are ridiculously high.

It's all relative. If everyone were identical to each other, then life would be very very boring. Easier... but boring.

And I certainly am not a member of any consumer rights movement. You might want to consider getting some facts before you make statements like that. Next you will be saying that it has been announced that I have a consumer rights movement, but you will find it difficult to provide a link to the announcement.... But we've already been through that loop......

Anyway - it was nice talking to you. Slightly less nice to get the abuse at the end... but you can't expect everyone to be pleasant all of the time.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Your account was only activated in May 2020, yet it honestly feels like you have been arguing everything on these forums for years. ;). I don’t think I said anything unfair to you and as I said before we can agree to disagree. To make that fact here is a picture. 4201B712-6051-4ADD-BF12-C09597E6987A.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Oakville was released in a shoddy state and, with regard to the sentence I didn’t quote, in the video that a small number of potential customers would have seen it was misrepresented as being in a more complete state than it was. I was more meaning it that if you constantly forgive many bugs that don’t meet the game breaking threshold then you will end up getting bad content.

The release streams are played on PC and a scenario that shows off the route or train in a good light is chosen. There are many bugs that are found by players after release. Some of them are quite significant and are reported immediately and still don’t get fixed. Console players do not get to see exactly what their DLC is going to be like before buying it, and they comprise the greater number of players. The number of times the first scenario of a DLC has issues in it shows that the players need to report these things and should expect them to be fixed. I didn’t quote your previous sentence because I didn’t want to type all of what I have done here, I picked out the sentence which painted anyone who wanted bugs to be fixed as foolish and replied to that bit. Not that I thought you meant it in a horrible way.

I very often get accused on these forums of defending DTG but I don’t do that blindly. I will criticise where necessary and praise where I think it’s needed or deserved. I don’t have over the top expectations like some who want endlessly long routes with every train that has ever existed on them and hundreds of photorealistic passengers on every platform and want it all for less money, but I do have a certain expectation of quality for the products I buy. Some DLC have glaring faults that should not be there. You can’t give Dovetail a free ride on everything. I have been very impressed with the quality of some of the DLC and there are many little bugs that I have to put up with because they really aren’t a big deal. Overall I think TSW is fantastic but genuine issues do need bringing up and addressing and the need to fix more bugs is one of them.

And as we are all getting on famously despite our slightly differing views, I’ll bid you a good night.

• Like Like x 2
  4. matthewbguilford

F8449002-C11B-4464-B1D0-D3980F42747C.jpeg
    871C2ACB-ECFE-4FBB-96E1-4607644577A4.jpeg 66B6CE09-F77D-4553-A302-26C8B60CB163.jpeg F524497B-A644-41DB-B273-E7205FC8C3A8.jpeg I suggest when you make another account on DTG after you ruined your Liquidshadows and Synthetic Angel accounts. When you finally ruin the Plastic Pal name you change up your typing.....habits.

• Like Like x 2
  5. matthewbguilford

You might think your on some righteous journey but...not really ;).

• Like Like x 2
  6. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

how do we know for sure he
    is synthetic

7. Plastic Pal

Well I won't bore you with the details...... Suffice to say that I am a quick learner. Seriously - I have been trained to pick up a portfolio and become a (pro-active) subject expert in it within three months. I am usually operationally effective (able to be "reactive") in subjects that I have previously known nothing about in less than three weeks. But I happen to know quite a bit about railways. And I happen to know quite a bit about software development. I have worked in both areas professionally for a number of years. That said, there are people on this Forum that constantly astound me with their far deeper expertise in either area... or indeed both areas. You are not one of these people.

One thing that I find disappointing in these Forums is when some people (like you) cannot substantiate their argument, or indeed, in your case.... your accusation that DTG has very low aspirations for the funtionality of their products.... and then those people just tend to resort to personal abuse, when they realise that they have lost the argument. You appear to me to be one of these most abusive people on the Forum.

One of the things that you do that you probably think is funny... but really isn't, because it is just abusive... is to post pictures that are solely intended to be abusive. The most startling recent example of your abuse is when you posted the "gas-lighting" poster on "15 ways to deal with resentment".... and my feeling from your actions in that thread is that they were consistent with the sort of actions that you could expect from someone that is particularly abusive to people in real-life... where anyone living near or with such an abuser is in active danger of suffering emotional and psychological abuse at their hands. It just seemed that way to me.

I don't think that. You are not a mind-reader... but if you are trying to be... then you should know that you are not very good at it..... so I suggest that you don't give up your day-job....

I just want TSW (and TSW2) to work. I have paid for it, and I would like it to work.

It's not complicated.

• Like Like x 1
  8. matthewbguilford

No - It’s not.....? Complicated. Is that fact?
    Can you be absolutely sure?......

I find the way you speak down to people who have a different view then yours disheartening. I stated all the information for you to draw a conclusion. Your the one replying in a childish way by asking if I’m really sure over and over while making up petty arguments. If you wish to stay with TSW2020 and wait for those patches you so desperately need I support you in that decision. It’s easy to act innocent when a lot of your flat out terrible personality is attached to another screen name. Anyone is more then welcome to look at past posts from me on these forums. I think you will find I’m not so terrible.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Plastic Pal

Yes I am absolutely sure. I just want TSW (and TSW2) to work. I have paid for it, and I would like it to work. Yes I am absolutely sure about what I want. And this desire is not complicated. Not for me, anyway.

What I struggle to understand - and I do try to understand it - is why some people (customers...?) actively state that they do not want TSW2020 to work. It makes little logical sense unless making it work has a direct impact on you - say, you if are the developer, and you judge it be more profitable to do something else. Even in this case - with respect to "preserved content" - DTG have made it clear that they go back and improve things, and have made it clear that they will improve communication on bug-reporting and bug-fixing.... but (it appears that) for you this must mean the exact opposite - that they will stop bug-reporting and bug-fixing - so that it aligns with what you want.....?

DTG have never ever said that they will stop the process for bug-reporting and bug-fixing..

I don't just have a different view from you. You stated something as a fact - and tried to back it up by saying it had been announced. It had not been announced. Your statement was just wrong. No amount of you showing me information that is actually contrary to your statement will convince me that your statement was correct. I will not draw the same conclusions as you, because I base my conclusions on evidence.

So......... the question is..... Why do you want the game to be broken....?

A slightly vague motivation is perhaps that some people that really enjoy the game do not understand why other people have concerns, and that maybe such people feel that when others push for higher standards that is some sort of comment on the "more easily satisfied" players' judgement. I say maybe because I really don't know for sure what the motivation is. But if this applies to you (after all, you did ask me if you should "not enjoy" NEC because of the bugs, even though you did enjoy it.......), then I can assure you that this isn't the case. I am very pleased for you that you enjoy TSW2020, warts and all.

Some of us want DTG to go further. Some of us want high quality simulation, without major bugs. And this is actually what I believe that DTG aspire towards creating. They don't put in PZB and ATC and AWS for giggles.... they are trying to create a simulation. If you don't want the safety systems... then you can switch them off. But if they work - then everyone is happy.

I am not sure why you seem to have a problem with everyone being happy.

• Like Like x 1
  10. matthewbguilford

I have great news, you want TSW to work because you paid for it. Well, TSW does work. How much longer would DTG have to support TSW to reach the standard of what you expect for the money you paid? How is it the money in your hand has become much more valuable then my money. Of course as stated, all work on TSW will cease updates and content wise and the game will remain in its current state. So none of these fixes your waiting for are going to come.

• Like Like x 1
  11. matthewbguilford

12. Plastic Pal

I agree with you that broadly speaking, that TSW does work (at the moment). And fabulously well. All I am saying is that there has been no announcement from DTG to say that they will drop their bug-reporting and bug-fixing process for TSW2020 (or indeed, for TSW2020 DLCs ported over to TSW2) - contrary to the advice that you gave to another Forum member.

The bug-reporting and bug-fixing process remains in place. And this is needed, for example, in order to fix the Class 31 "Cement Circle" scenario. That bug (introduced with the Class 20 prep) will get fixed in TSW2020. I am 100% sure of this - I have faith in DTG that they will fix the bug. You might not have faith in DTG - but I do have faith in them. I trust DTG to fix this bug for all platforms. You might think that DTG is untrustworthy on this point, but I have confidence that they will do the right thing and fix the bug. I hold DTG in much higher esteem.

I don't know what the Sand Patch bug is.... but it sounds like it could be platform-specific...... and as we all know... platform-specific bugs are very common, and according to some people must often be tolerated. So you might be out of luck there. But if you want to provide some details on it, then I will look into it for you, despite it being "platform-specific"..... and I will try to help you, if your concerns are well-founded, despite you being...well..... you...... Because if you are right, then there is the opportunity to help other people.... that aren't...well.. you......

You noted that you had played many hours on NEC and enjoyed it despite the (safety system related) bugs, which don't apply to you because you don't use them. I have never switched these systems on for NEC.... so like you, I have never perceived a problem with them. But today... I just tried switching on ATC..... and I can't work out yet what the bug is.... or if there is a bug at all. There is an extremely excruciating 20 TSR for large chunks for the route... and this adds 20 minutes to a 50 minute journey.... The safety system might actually be working fine.... but the timetable might not have been tested against it..... I might well will look into this in more detail. Like you - I think the NEC route is okay (it gets a bad rep for some reason, like Rapid Transit.... which I think is a superb route.....) .... and although the build quality of NEC is obviously in TS1 wild-west-film-set-facade style... this is not surprising since it was one of the first routes made for TSW, straight outta TS1.

To answer your question about money. I didn't suggest that your money is any different from mine. In fact - one of the great things about TSW is that you can play it very casually at a "low difficulty".... and this makes it less niche... and allows more players to enjoy it... which means more sales... which means there is more funds to pay for the development of the simulation aspects (which other parts of the community want and expect..... and expect to work). I would actually like DTG to make the game even more accessible, by developing better training modules, including manuals and documentation, and making the skill progression and simulation skill learning more naturally guided.

13. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

Just enjoy the bloody game, it is what it is.

• Like Like x 2