Garmisch To Innsbruck Via Mittenwald

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ChooChooKeith, Nov 25, 2018.

1. ChooChooKeith

ChooChooKeith Active Member

This Route in Quick time has an issue. I can go from Garmisch to Innsbruck with no problem but when I go from Innsbruck to Garmisch there is a train that sits on Platform 1 at Seefeld and is in my path. Why? When I start in Seefeld it puts me on Platform 1. Why does this just not switch me over to platform 2 when coming from Innsbruck? These are the kind of things in this game that is so frustrating. but some are going to suggest Freeroam which sucks as a mode. Why have quick drive then? To me this is a simulator and ought to give the drivet options to explore the route in the right way. I would take out free roam and allow Quick drive to be the scenerio that can be made up by the drive. I like that there are trains on the track but come on I should not have to restart from that point and then continue.

Thanks
    Keith Hall

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

You will get an answer to this fault if you report it to DTG instead of just mentioning it here

3. ChooChooKeith

Just wondering if anybody else has the issue. and information for the people that own this Simulator.
    I will write DTG

Thanks

Keith Hall

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Even if we knew about it we would not be able to fix it without editing the QD Scenario which is not as easy as the normal scenarios

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

QD scenarios are still scenarios so you CAN edit them and just delete that consist. It's probably a train someone forgot to program somewhere along the line

• Like Like x 1
  6. ChooChooKeith

Its just holds at Seefeld on the wrong track or the path that my train is taking. if it was on Track 2 it would be ok.

7. ARuscoe

All comes back to the same thing. Edit the scenario and take it out or move it

• Like Like x 1
  8. ChooChooKeith

If you edit the Scenerio then it causes issues unless you copy it. This is suppose to be a simulator not something that you fix all the time. They need a major update for this simulator.
    Then come up with a solution instead of downvoting the comment. the statement above is just a fact of what is happening in the game.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  9. ARuscoe

And you may need to realign how you think things work. DLC are NOT the core simulator and this doesn't sound like an issue with the sim, but the way someone has set up a particular scenario. Given there are thousands of scenarios which work perfectly well using the core engine that says to me that it isn't the SIMULATOR that's at issue here, but how that scenario is set up

Jokingly on this statement, if you know how may issues the UK rail network has, "fixing all the time" just about sums it up perfectly

• Like Like x 1
  10. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Then go in to Build, Clone the Scenario, Edit the scenario by either changing the platform your train is going in to or just Delete the other train.
    You know the problem. You have the Solution.
    A major upgrade to fix one scenario would be pointless - you would affect Hundreds of users who just work around the problem.

Or you can wait for a long time as fixing a faulty Scenario would be way down DTG's list of problems.

Peter

11. ChooChooKeith

I get that. but to release software without testing it is not good either. and having other problems with it just makes things worse in fixing everything. there are other problems with the software my biggest complaint is the editor. not too worried about the little things really other then the specifiic scenerio that is in disucussion here should have been tested before released.

12. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I just had a run and collided on the single line with the other train running south

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  13. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I went in to the Editor and changed Service 2 so it does not leave Seefeld and after saving the the scenario works ok.
    A bit boring as there are only two other moving trains on the line

• Like Like x 1
  14. ARuscoe

I don't doubt someone checked it. As someone who tried to create scenarios myself I know how tricky it can be, and how things can changed when you publish them.

• Like Like x 1