Glasgow Suburban

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pookeyhead, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

This was one of the rare cases where I got a route at such a small discount (20% was a launch discount). I wanted a newer route to launch my channel with, and they are all set to go once I finish some other editing. The only other case of my buying a route from Steam at such a high price was the branded version of Welsh Marches when its future return was not certain (and I'm glad I did, as EVERYTHING got debranded including some rather innocent options). And this was a case where the quality of the route was pretty good. Yes, I wish it was longer, such as continuing to Airdie with a detour to Coatbridge to connect to the WCML North both there and through the missing Anderston Station to Glasgow Central on the other side, but the assets and attention to detail on the map itself was pretty good by the person who made the original route.

2. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

"For Scottish viewers", there's a relatively small pool of routes available, both payware and freeware. I did pick up this and GARL over a previous sale, and it is good to have it in the portfolio.

3. pete

pete New Member

Don't know if you're aware, but it's now been merged with part of WCML North, giving the run through Anderston and Glasgow Central low level and up the now-electrified Whifflet route to Coatbridge.

4. Cyclone

Uh, yes, I am aware of Iain Mackay's Workshop merge. He plans to re-add the Neilston route to it, as well. I possibly know as much, maybe more, about it as you. :cool:

While we're talking about Iain Mackay, go look up his Highland Line merge. Glasgow to Mallaig, an actual service, now doable in full. Same with the branch to Oban. Can make a nice multi-part batch of scenarios on this route focusing on the full service!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
  5. PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā

PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā Well-Known Member

6. Cyclone

That's literally the one I mentioned in the post one above yours. Thanks for linking it, though.