Got Screen Flicker After The New Update? Set Max Fps To Solve

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by paul.pavlinovich, Aug 19, 2021.

1. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

I was getting screen flicker which I thought was pretty weird given the game was hovering around 60fps at 2k with everything cranked to the max. It seems its going ballistic for really brief periods on the frame rate from time to time which was causing my flicker. I've limited it to 150fps now and this has resolved the issue. My monitor can handle up to 165.

Paul

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. ShodanCat

ShodanCat Member

Strange, if you were getting 60 fps, how did limiting it to over twice that value affect this?

• Like Like x 1
  3. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

I think he set a max fps value via driver. If not set his 3070 will run with 500 fps in the menus and might get hotter than its healthy for the hardware (and therefore the fans will run at maximum speed)

• Like Like x 1
  4. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

500 fps?

• Like Like x 2
  5. paul.pavlinovich

ShodanCat 60 is an average, sometimes its 90 sometimes its way above that. It was going above 165 at times which is the limit of my monitor.

hyperlord that has certainly happened with some games, people have allegedly had their cards destroyed by Amazon's MMO refer https://www.pcgamer.com/au/amazon-new-world-killing-rtx-3090-gpus/ setting a maximum in the driver itself is not a bad idea. I think I might go and explore that - that gives protection across the board.

Paul

6. Cotax

Cotax Well-Known Member

Paul, if you have RTX i suggest undervolting. I run mine 3060 TI on 0.825V instead of 1.1V - with same clocks! The perfomance is the same, the diffenrce in temps is 10° lower and around 40-50W lower consumption! This way you can avoid overheating and possibilty to damage your card.

• Like Like x 1
  7. aglomarsale

aglomarsale Well-Known Member

on normal routes I usually get 45 FPS, but for some weird reason in Boston Prov, I get 45-60 fps at Providence, 30FPS at Boston and 25 FPS AT THE COUNTRYSIDE???

Very peculiar, why do I get less fps at a place surrounded by trees than a place surrounded by tall skyscrapers, hundreds of tracks and trains, and the 5th largest city in america?

I've played with the foliage settings and there's barely any difference

• Like Like x 1
  8. paul.pavlinovich

I've got mine slightly overclocked so need to push the voltage up, but the overclocking software after I started using it undervolts when the card isn't working hard and most of the time it is cooler except when I'm making it work hard.

Yeah its interesting isn't it, normally you get dodgy FPS at the business place at the route, but in Boston its out in the open. I mirror this experience except with different rates.

9. r4g3nony

r4g3nony Active Member

I got this a few months back turning off adaptive sync on monitor (g-sync/free-sync) worked fine.

• Like Like x 1
  10. paul.pavlinovich

Thanks, capping the FPS solved it for me and I can keep g-sync turned on.

• Like Like x 1