Great Eastern Buzz

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by gwrfan#3416, Nov 14, 2022.

1. gwrfan#3416

gwrfan#3416 Well-Known Member

Fun intro description of route
    Drive across 99 miles worth of a stunning route called the Greast Eastern Buzz. Where you get to drive on the Great eastern mainline (from Liverpool street up to ipswich), mayflower line (manningtree to Harwich town) and the Sunshine Coast line (Colchester to clacton-on sea and Walton on the naze) all during the revolutionary hip pop late 80s with a great selecting of rolling stock and scenarios. Plus rush hour passenger no packed summer traffic way harded then rush hour and also a ton of freight.

I hope the fun intro description explained it but I'll like to suggest this route becuase of its interesting timetable, great scenery and playability plus its set in the 80s (1986) with jaffa cakes (more on that in rolling stock).

Rolling stock.

Class 86
    [​IMG]
    Livery: Intercity, railfreight and Network south east.
    Speed: 100-110mph
    Description
    This is one of the main mainstays of the route due to it being great with local, express and freight services across the route plus if wcml is added it can layer on to it. Plus it has a suprise DBSO for the express services.

Class 308
    [​IMG]
    Livery: Network South east
    Speed: 75mph.
    Description great suburban and branchline emu found across the whole route.

Class 309
    [​IMG]
    Livery: jaffa cake and Network south east.
    Speed: 100mph
    Description: the other mainstay of this route the clacton express these emus are famous for operating stopping and express on the Sunshine Coast line.

Training

Training for this route is very simple there will be an introduction for each one of the trains in the route. However there will be a route introduction with the class 309.

Scenario
    At the present moment I only have one scenario for this route called "rainy boat train" where you must operate a express boat train with a class 86 during a storm to the mayflower line.

Layering
    For this route the only train that can layer on is the class 47 which was used beyond ispwich due to it not being electrified. Also as mentioned by andrewandjane66 class 31, 08 and 37 can also operate on the line.

Dlc
    Currently I don't have any ideas for dlc but you are free to suggest away where I will add it under dlc.

Notes
    • Coaches will be if I remember will be mk 2d but maybe mk 3 as well if they were on it.
    • Freight rolling stock currently unknown.
    I hope you enjoyed this suggestion and I hope dovetail make it.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  2. andrewandjane66

andrewandjane66 Well-Known Member

Arguably a little on the long side, but great choice of route and rolling stock.
    Classes 08, 31 and 37 could layer in.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

The 308s were also used on the Birmingham Cross City line, so a "legends of" timetable could include them

4. gwrfan#3416

gwrfan#3416 Well-Known Member

Thx for reminding me they layer onto the route.
    Also I will change the original post or make other post with any updates like if you suggest I should change something.

• Like Like x 1