Great Western Express Feedback

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by JealousSheep768, Feb 19, 2022.

1. JealousSheep768

JealousSheep768 Well-Known Member

I played the full timetable on Great Western Express for the first time yesterday using the 1w14 glitch. Here is some feedback and some thoughts on my experiences.
    The AI:
    As anyone who plays on gen 8 consoles will attest. Gwe feels like London has been devastated by a nuclear explosion. It is a complete ghost town. One of the first things I noticed when loading in for the first time was the number of extra services. I noticed within the first 5 minutes that the area around reading felt so much busier. I came across 4 hsts, two Thames turbos and one shed. This made the area feel so much busier. I actually saw the 66 on an ai service for the first time not on east coast way.
    However, the area around London still felt two quiet but this can't really be helped without a major overhaul. Overall, it felt so much busier and so much more alive.
    The services:
    The services to west Ealing were a refreshing break from any other services available as they allowed for a quick refreshing service every now and again. The extra services at Acton mainline made it feel like a much livelier station even if they are still very rare. The extended 43s were also bicer because it avoided the feeling you were operating castles out of London Paddington.
    My short term hopes for the preservation crew on this route:
    I hope in the near future Adam will add PIS to the platform and the train including the paper ones for the hat. I also hope we will see the full timetable on gen 8 as there where no noticeable changes other than a small fps drop which to me is a price worth paying.
    My long term hopes:
    I hope it will eventually reach its full potential with a rework of the timetable. Even though they are not fully realistic the 72 stock operating tube services around Paddington on the underground lines and around Ealing and the 387 as an ai only service to Heathrow to allow for again more a'i.
    Thanks for reading.

2. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

Well I mean it was not really busy as this was the first dlc for passengers and really hasn't been touched since its release. The only exception being the preserve crew work but like you said it may be some bug fixes and a few things like pis added