Greetings From South Orange County, California

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Trainman42, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Trainman42

Trainman42 New Member

Hello!
    I've been a trainiac since I've been little. I have always loved trains and even grew up with a model railroad in my grandfather's garage (that was eventually moved to my garage).

I've loved steam locomotives even though I have never been old enough to know about them...except in the form of a handful that I've seen personally. 3751 is a local favorite that has been around (See my video on it's beautiful Whistle at LA Train Show: ), SP's Cab Forward in Sacramento has been well preserved and is beautiful, and the LK&PRR on Hawaii has always been beautiful to me. My favorite memories actually consist (hahaha) of seeing these beautiful living, breathing iron horses.

I also have loved train simulators since the release of MSTS, where I spent many hours messing around too young to understand anything about it except it had trains I could drive. I eventually grew up, and so did my hobby and love for these beauties.

I have always resided in So Cal, and growing up I had a view of the Surfline out of my window. I run a YouTube channel that posts railfanning videos (and I plan to eventually start streaming/recording TrainSim more often in the upcoming years).

My most recent video, as of this post:

~Trainman42

2. Farmer_C

Farmer_C Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Trainman42. Good to have you here.