1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings From South Orange County, California

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Trainman42, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Trainman42

Trainman42 New Member

Hello!
    I've been a trainiac since I've been little. I have always loved trains and even grew up with a model railroad in my grandfather's garage (that was eventually moved to my garage).

I've loved steam locomotives even though I have never been old enough to know about them...except in the form of a handful that I've seen personally. 3751 is a local favorite that has been around (See my video on it's beautiful Whistle at LA Train Show: ), SP's Cab Forward in Sacramento has been well preserved and is beautiful, and the LK&PRR on Hawaii has always been beautiful to me. My favorite memories actually consist (hahaha) of seeing these beautiful living, breathing iron horses.

I also have loved train simulators since the release of MSTS, where I spent many hours messing around too young to understand anything about it except it had trains I could drive. I eventually grew up, and so did my hobby and love for these beauties.

I have always resided in So Cal, and growing up I had a view of the Surfline out of my window. I run a YouTube channel that posts railfanning videos (and I plan to eventually start streaming/recording TrainSim more often in the upcoming years).

My most recent video, as of this post:

~Trainman42

2. Farmer_C

Farmer_C Active Member

Welcome to the forum Trainman42. Good to have you here.