Greetings

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by andpaubar, Jan 7, 2019.

1. andpaubar

andpaubar New Member

Hi all,

Just a hello post to say that I have recently purchased the Xb1 deluxe version of TSW and although I found it initially to be quite overwhelming at first, I now find myself thoroughly enjoying the experience and to me the most thrilling aspect of playing is navigating the station stops and adjusting the speeds accordingly as these monsters sure take a lot of time and distance to grind to a halt along with working to a time schedule.

As I am from the north west the trans pennine route is what I am really looking forward to as I have fond memories of regularly taking trips via Victoria Station during the early 80s.
    Anyway enough of my ramblings I need to get my distance achievements for each train, I have not even tried the German or USA routes yet, roll on the 15th.

• Like Like x 4
  2. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

Welcome and have fun with the game. :) I really like the German route, mainly because of the modern train and the varied stations, especially underground below Leipzig. NEC is also great but it doesn't run particularly well on console so it could be better in my view. My favourite so far, though, is Ruhr-Sieg Nord (paid DLC) which goes through amazing scenery and I just love that.

Every train is a different challenge and it's great to try them all. Safe travels!

3. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

Welcome andpaubar!

I understand how you feel about the North. I lived in Leeds for a year and had to use trains quite a lot. Nothing beats arriving to the stunning modern Leeds Station at 11PM when it's almost empty, and enjoying the views over river Aire. It's very different from how it was in the 1980s, of course, but still one of the most beautiful railway stations I've seen so far.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019