1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guard Mode

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions & Proposals' started by Thatmadgk, Mar 11, 2018.

?
  1. yes

14 vote(s)
    77.8%
  2. no

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. Thatmadgk

Thatmadgk New Member

Please add a guard mode dovetail on passenger routes
    If you say no please explain why
    i think guard mode would be a great addition to the game
    Having to open and close the doors buzzing the driver
    etc
    Even checking tickets and issuing tickets
    Like fernbus simulator
    Even kicking off naughty people without any tickets
    And maybe even add something where the guard may have to get out of the train to check something with the train eg a problem
    It would be so cool do so

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    • Upvote Upvote x 4
  2. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Active Member

Sounds a good concept but think it would only be a 5 minute novelty. It would get boring very quickly.
    My personal opinion :)

• Upvote Upvote x 1
    • Downvote Downvote x 1
  3. AyrtonS8

AyrtonS8 Well-Known Member

Yes I would like to see a Guard Mode in TSW.
    The game is called a Train Simulator, not Train Driver Simulator. So I would like to see other aspects of the railway in the game like Guards, Signallers etc.
    If Guard Mode does get added into the game, I think we would see it around the time Multiplayer is added into the game as they will need more things for people to do in Multiplayer and Guard mode would be a good one to add.

• Upvote Upvote x 2
  4. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I'm not going to vote because even though your suggestion is interesting and might well offer some variety, it strikes me that it would come with a great load of new coding (including guards and passengers capable of interacting with each other, which does not occur currently) that in turn could lower the sim's overall efficiency and interfere with extant coding. In the end, I doubt that the risk would be worth the reward.