PC Gwe Coupling?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by LastTrainToClarksville, Oct 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I just completed the Aggregate Industries scenario, but only after multiple tries and a lot of time.
    The problem I ran into occurred while trying to re-couple the engine to the wagons after refueling. In GWE, the coupling procedure is quite different from that of CSX, not surprisingly; but I could not find any documentation of this procedure! Thus, I had to proceed by frustrating repetitions, searching for the correct procedure.

I'd very much appreciate specific instructions for coupling & uncoupling -- with pictures, if possible, and without comments on any other issue. I don't consider coupling "broken" in any way, just difficult to carry out without training or instruction.

Thanks

2. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

Are you mouse clicking on the coupler?

3. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

I did the aggregate industries a few minutes ago, works fine. You have to drive the class 66 very close to the wagons so the buffers have contact and then click with the mouse on the couplers. They won't auto couple like the US-couplings.

4. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I finally figured that out, Daniel, and discovered as well that I'd clicked in the wrong place and brought the buckeye coupler out of its hiding place. That coupler, by the way, is required in the last of the scenarios. I'm used to ignoring and sometimes scorning "rescue" scenarios, but this one is a doozy. The only spoiler I'll provide is that it begins with a sort of snipe hunt on foot -- look around you for those blue markers.