1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gwr Updates

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by byeo, Jan 22, 2019.

1. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I’d love to see the GWR updated to give us the Class 800/0 & 800/3. Does anyone think we’ll get an update of the GWR or is that it for GWR and they’ll concentrate on new routes instead?

I’m itching to try something new but unfortunately older trains aren’t my thing. Here’s hoping their next DLC is something more modern.

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  2. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Their current goal currently is to get more routes in to increase the variety. So i dont see them expanding any of the current DLC.
    Since the game is still relative new (for a game like this) the most important part is to get a bigger library of routes that attract a wider audience.

They do add sometimes new locos for existing DLC as a DLC though. But i think currently they would only add locos that dont require track changes, like the further electrification on the GWR line.

The chances are higher that they at one point make a modern GWR route as a new DLC that feature those trains. But i wouldnt expect anything like that in the forseeable future.

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  3. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Matt confirmed in the editor stream that the overhead lines in GWE are purely decorative and non functional so I think it's safe to say that anything that requires electric power will not appear on GWE. Equally I think it's worth pointing out that the line is modelled on mid 2015 when the 80x series has not been delivered.

4. EGTESkyGod

EGTESkyGod New Member

I may have mentioned before, I would love to see the Heathrow Express added. It wouldn't take too much to add to the current route, and it would allow the Flight Simmers amongst us to simultaneously combine a Train Sim with a Flight Sim flight to wherever the hell in the world you want. Perhaps to Newark to join up with the NEC line...?!

5. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Heathrow Express would be good but if what was said above is true then, as Heathrow Express runs electric IIRC then we wouldn’t get it.