Harlem Line: Grand Central Terminal - North White Plains

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by nwp1, Nov 30, 2021.

1. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

NCC-R7 02 Harlem Line: Grand Central Terminal - North White Plains with M3A and M7A.

Really excited by this route. Grand Central Terminal is a stunning station and I hope DTG allow a walk around the main hall and basement. If so that would be truly fabulous.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Turbojugend

Turbojugend Well-Known Member

Having Grand Central to walk around in would almost be worth the price alone for me.

I do have a question; When it says it is an "add-on", does that mean an add-on to an existing route and not a standalone route? If so, I'm not sure what it would be added to, LIRR doesn't make much sense since it runs from Penn.

• Like Like x 1
  3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s an add-on to the game, otherwise known as a DLC. Just a normal route DLC.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Turbojugend

Turbojugend Well-Known Member

Ahh, got it, thanks. Super looking forward to this!

• Like Like x 1
  5. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

I agree, I am really looking forward to see how the Metro North performs in TSW2. It would be amazing to explore Grand Central Terminal with both levels featured in TSW2. I hope the artwork for the ceiling is featured and the shops within Vanderbilt Hall

6. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Me too. I would happily pay more to have these features at GCT included. Would be truly fantastic to walk around and explore the concourse.

7. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

It would be impressive to walk around GCT in this manner, but I would be very surprised if it happens. More likely just the platforms will be present, which seems to be the case in general for all TSW routes. Perhaps you will be able to take the external camera inside, but I doubt it, and it would probably be lightly detailed in such a case.

Truthfully, just pulling off this route at all will be a major accomplishment. The underground trackage is extensive. The elevated portion in Manhattan is loaded with landmark buildings. If the divergent Hudson and New Haven services are represented, the timetable will be challenging. I respect that an attempt at this route is even being made.

• Like Like x 3
  8. lupojohn

lupojohn Active Member

For the record, North White Plains is the short-turn terminal for the Harlem Line (I live in Washington Heights, so I am closer to the Hudson Line).

M3A and M7A are the rolling stock, so that should be good.

There are some interesting looking stations along the line. Fordham is one and the very small Tremont is another.

9. malikrthr

At some point, I can see the P32AC-DM and shoreliners as an add-on DLC. As DTG has the material to recreate it in TS20xx, it is definitely possible to recreate for TSW2. It will be interesting to see how the Harlem line is recreated in TSW2. I think it will be a great route overall even though the distance may be short.

10. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Sorry to burst bubbles. It’s been confirmed elsewhere, it might have been a stream that it’s only the platforms being modelled, not grand hall

• Like Like x 1
  11. malikrthr

That is a bit of a bummer I must say. It would have been awesome to model Vanderbilt hall as that is the icon and starting point for Metro North Railroad.

12. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

DTG haven't yet modeled a grand station hall away from the train platforms. They have only done concourses for all-in-ones like Paddington and München. At Victoria all we get is the basement.

13. KamoJibber

KamoJibber New Member

I would have loved to have seen the New Haven line over the Harlem, but this will be a excellent addition

14. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

As much as seeing the great hall for grand central would be a great addition to the route, I suspect the station will be more on the lines of how Pancras or NY Penn got modelled in LIRR

15. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Time table has it as Local EMU service ends there Express M7A 8 cars M3A 8-10 cars go to Southeast Brewster. M7A can't be 10 cars to Southeast due to substation issues.

16. JazzyGeofferz

JazzyGeofferz Member

That's a shame. Living in Manchester I did like being able to wander about on Victoria Station. You can see what everything there would be nowadays. They are missing a trick not having grand Central Station recreated, but probably also have memory considerations.

17. steamfan#1309

steamfan#1309 Well-Known Member

Big opertunaty missed but he creators as they chose not to do the final years of the 20th century limited.