Has Dtg Quality Control Nosedived To A New Low?

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by Jannerdunk, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

Firstly, I should say I have been playing this game since the railworks days. I like to think I’ve a good understanding of the limitations of the old game engine and the many constraints DTG are working with.

Having bought many of DTG recent releases I cannot help notice how many minor bugs are creeping into the game again

Grainger Heartland

1 – No Railfan scenarios as advertised

2 – GP40 Scenarios – Industrial Standard part 2 and Lawrence Local do not award any points, ticks or medals upon completion meaning steams achievements don’t award

3 – Random speeding penalties when travelling at 60 mph on straight plain line (almost as if a very small piece of track has a lower limit)

4 – Achievements – Long haul leader (for driving 200 miles) and Kansas fame (for driving 4 hours),both not showing any progress

Class 42 Pacer

5 – Achievement Pacer playtime for driving 2 hours not awarded or showing any progress

N Line

6 – Achievements Every inch and N line Expert, again ,time and distance achievements not awarded or showing any progress

7 - GP38-2 scenarios - Out of yard and Tricky transit do not award any points, ticks or medals upon completion

South West Mainline

8 – Rail Fan- Brockenhurst – only awards a tick rather than the usual gold medal

9 - Achievements main line miles and time in the sun - again time and distance achievements not awarded or showing any progress

10 – Achievements – King of the south – stuck on 6/7 despite completing everything

I appreciate not everyone has an interest in the Achievements etc, but if they are advertised as included they should work. I know there has always been the odd one that has not worked, but recently there seems to be problems in every DTG release.

Surely these thing should be picked up at the testing stage?

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Why don't you report these problems direct to the DTG Helpdesk ?
    http://dovetailgames.kayako.com/
    If people don't report errors then they won't get fixed - not that I'm saying they will but "if they don' know they can't fix it"

Peter

3. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

One wonders who exactly proof these before release. These latest OoM crashes might have been averted by allowing private beta testing outside of DTG in order to use the widest range of systems to test on. About 5 years ago DTG went on this program of we will fix the bugs. So, even though these bugs were reported several times in the past DTG requested we all send in new bug reports. This lasted about 2 weeks then they gave up. The exceptions are for Smokebox and G-Trax. Both are good at submitting fixes to DTG on there own and in a timely manner. As per my latest observations within a month after a release, they will do an initial bug fix then usually one more time after that then you are on your own. The members at RWA do a fine job of providing fixes to its subscribers.