Haupstrecke Munchen-augsburg?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jakewakefield08, Oct 26, 2020.

1. jakewakefield08

jakewakefield08 Member

Any plans to fix some of the issues with the low proformas issue. On xbox.

2. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

Apparently they are working on optimisation, with the view to trying to get some layers added.

3. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

Much against my better judgement I bought it....and genuinely wished I hadn't bothered because overall looks and performance on X1X is absolutely awful. What concerns me more than anything is that this is the very first DTG expansion for TSW2 and not only are we blessed with what I would say is the poorest of all the routes available we are also told that in order to get it onto consoles compromises had to be made, so with that in mind I'd like to ask a couple of questions.

Firstly, if the Munich expansion was going to present so many performance issues then why make it in the first place? There's enough German routes already and the high speed thing has already been covered so why not throw in a bit of variety with something that's a little less performance impacting?

Secondly and more importantly, what of future expansions? Are we now going to be forever stuck with trimmed down, poorly performing routes from here onwards?

Don't get me wrong, I like the game...a lot...but with a woefully small IoW expansion, three base routes that all have their issues and now this, I'm genuinely starting to wonder if - apart from the upscale to a 'pretend' 4K - it was worth upgrading from TSW2020 because the only "like....a lot" i'm getting from TSW2 is from DLC that has been brought forward from the previous game.

Anyhows, today was a very significant day for me because after yet another stuttery, very low fps exit from Munich station I decided enough was enough, quit the game and for the first time ever submitted a digital refund request. It saddened me to do it but all said and done Munich-Augsburg did cross the line as to what is deemed of acceptable quality and what isn't.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  4. elvescast

elvescast Active Member

In timetable mode on my xbox one x this plays same as any other route, a little slow down (frame rate?) But that happens occasionally on all routes.

Not tried it custom yet but cant see why it would be different

5. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

It can dip as low as 15fps (outside view / 4k) and the stuttering of anything upto 3 seconds a time if other trains come into view or when approacing city limits platforms is horrific. Not forgetting the buildings and scenery that pops in all over the place as well as that weird 'evaporating rain' effect between the rails during golden brown sunrises.
    Worse thing is i'm stuck with it because my refund was declined. DLC's and addons are excluded from the limited time refund policy.

6. elvescast

elvescast Active Member

Guess o got lucky the few times I done this, I dont know why its different for some, but I think they said they working on the performance for it in console which will be nice

7. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I really have no serious concerns about this route on the PS4 Pro. It’s certainly playable even though it’s not silky smooth - particularly in some areas. DTG do need to optimise the route considerably to get it to perform better and to enable layering on consoles, but they’re currently working on this according to the Roadmap.

• Like Like x 1
  8. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/boris-the-frog/video/115970690

It gets even worse on full sunrise at a higher external viewpoint. Every single time the framerate dips below 30fps (yellow / red) the game is grinding and stuttering. In fact, at one of the station stops you can clearly see a slow passing ICE train on the right really struggling with the 25fps count

9. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I don't even use the route on my console. I use it on my pc until I get my Xbox Series X in christmas. I do agree with the question of why the route was made if it would have major performance problems.

10. stevenwalker1985

stevenwalker1985 Well-Known Member

I had isle of wight route for a day and a half on xbox one. I got a refund no problem from microsoft.

• Like Like x 1
  11. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

I've already spoken with them direct and they informed me that the initial support agent had mistakingly submitted the wrong order reference against my purchase (it was flagging up as non-refundable cosmetic DLC) and after what seemed like an eternity on hold they agreed to refund my £24.95 within the next 3-5 days.
    It was also confirmed to me that new t&c's state that you can now refund all non-consumable purchases any time after 24 hours and before 14 days providing you can give good reason for the refund request. Apparantly this is inline with digital buyer protection guidelines and most definately good news for XBox gamers who no longer have to hope for the best when buying their already overpriced bits and pieces.

Thanks for mentioning the IoW thing though because if I hadn't already phoned them I would have after reading your comment.

• Like Like x 1
  12. stevenwalker1985

stevenwalker1985 Well-Known Member

Glad you got it sorted bud.

13. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Itś good to know that now xbox users can get refunds for tsw2 content which is good.