1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have Ai Drivers Actually Move The Controls.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by lDanny Holand, Oct 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. lDanny Holand

lDanny Holand Active Member

It gets quite annoying when I wait at a station to take over control of a service only o be delayed by having to unlock the master key, set the reverser turn on safety alarms e.g AWS and release brakes it usually means I'm late for the next stop. I know technically trains are always late anyway in real life but I actually try to be on time in the game on GWR which is more than can be said for real GWR/FGW drivers.

2. cosmo

cosmo Active Member

When a driver swaps into a service, usually the outgoing driver will remove the master key and secure the train with a full service application and move the reverser to neutral/off. (At least in the UK) The incoming driver inserts the key and re-prepares the train as passengers board. It's why some services in real life have longer dwell times as crew changes etc. happen. Agreed that you shouldn't have to enable AWS/TPWS/DSD though, they should be on anyway :P It's a problem with Rapid Transit especially for me as often I need to fully reset the train before I set off and then I'm late. A simplified restart procedure would be a welcome suggestion though!

• Like Like x 1