PC Having A Blast Playing Tsw!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Ding, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Ding

Ding Member

Hello everyone, this is my first post here and with it I wanted to share some feedback.

I have been playing Train Simulator since 2012, kind of ditching TSW so far because there was only American and British content. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind American or British trains but since I did not grow up with them they don't seem to "click" with me. Even in Train Simulator, 99% of what I am driving are German trains on German routes. This is where I am at home.

Now this changed with the release of Ruhr-Sieg Nord. I saw the screenshots, I saw a bunch of videos and bought TSW together with the Ruhr-Sieg Nord DLC.

Honestly, Dovetail Games... well done... even as a TS veteran who really loves playing TS this is beating your old game by miles.

You did the right thing starting from scratch with a new game engine:

I can't believe how well it runs. The graphics are stunning (the weather effects and the lighting alone...), the FPS are high, the train feels real and I absolutely love the first person, not-stuck-to-your-seat aspect of this game. It's the perfect balance between open world and driving simulator. As OK-ish as Train Simulator still looks in 2018 I always felt that the engine reached its limit, especially when you are running third party content and when there is a lot to render. In TSW this has been taken care of!

I also love how you seriously raised the bar of what is considered to be the standard level of realism:
    In Train Simulator I always had to get the Expert Line locos from Virtual Railroads because the standard rolling stock that came with routes was too simple to be fun for me personally. In TSW the standard rolling stock suddenly seems to be at the same level. Please keep up this level of realism!

I can't wait for more content (routes, rolling stock) and I hope you'll release an editor or at least means to make this game accessible to third party developers so they can start working on converting their 3D models for TSW.

I am seeing fun years ahead of us!

• Like Like x 10
  2. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

Agreed. Its going to be a fun journey :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

Great post. I'm really glad you're enjoying how things are turning out.

The editor is being worked on as we speak and will hopefully be released soon. Stay tuned.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I am very glad to know that you are enjoying TSW. I can’t go back to TS1 anymore after this. :)

5. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

Ditto with all of the above. Despite all the criticism, TSW at its core is just such a better train simulator than TS1. I can't go back to TS1 either. Personally, in additionn to what you said, I like how you can walk around in TSW- it adds a new level of immersion. Once the editor gets going, I'm sure the lack of content won't last long.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ding

Ding Member

Raildan, I agree - I mean I might play some TS1 again but I assume that once the custom content gets rolling it'll replace TS1 down the road.

I also don't understand the criticism... OK there might be some bugs... but every game that is in continuous development has some bugs that need fixing (literally every MMO for example). These things have been around since forever.

What is new to me lately however - and this is not just limited to TSW - is how hostile people are to each other and to the developers of a game they apparently enjoy playing. What's with players suddenly acting like shareholders? Some feel entitled to a point where they demand the developers to pull 12 hour days in order to fix their personal issues they have with the game.

I mean, if you buy a game: try to enjoy it. If you encounter a bug: report it to the developers using official channels in a friendly, civilized manner and get on with your day. Until it is fixed try work around it and just accept it for now. You already reported it. And if you feel something is making the game unplayable for you just take a break, play something else you like and come back 4 or 6 months down the road and see where the game is currently headed. No need to spit poison on a forum and ruin it for people who actually enjoy the product.

• Like Like x 5