Having Troubles Making Scenarios

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Buynot, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Buynot

Buynot Well-Known Member

I'm currently trying to work on two different scenarios. Both of them are on the Pacific Surfliner route. One is a passenger scenario set in 1959 and the other is a freight scenario set in present day, and I've been having two separate issues with the scenarios. In my freight scenario, I have been encountering an issue where the player train derails when it is just coming out of the San Diego depot. The switch is set against the player, and I cant figure out how to set it back. I do not have any AI trains coming through that area, I only have one stationary train on one of the platforms, but the track for that platform is connected to the opposite track as the player train (I'm sorry if this sounds confusing but I'm trying to do my best to explain). The only AI train that I have so far is one that goes from Morena to Old Town station and again, stops on the opposite track as the player train. In my 1959 passenger scenario, I'm having an issue with an AI train set to go from Santa Ana to Hobart Yard (once again on the opposite track as the player train), but no matter what I do, it's always stuck at a red signal that never changes! Can someone please help me out on this? Thanks.

2. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

For the first problem, the only thing I would suggest would be to see if in Timetable Mode if the little red line goes over the switch or not. For the second, do the same thing - make sure the train is going down the path you want.

3. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I'm not really familiar with that area, but if it is double-tracked you may be trying to move onto the wrong track. Paired portals usually indicate track direction (e. g.: Portal Somewhere S, where the capital letter is the track direction).

4. hightower

hightower Guest

I’ve had something similar happen recently, and thought it might be helpful.

I couldn’t for the life of me figure out why, with the correct path set, my Train was taking a wrong turn and ending up head on with AI on the opposite track. It turned out that the way to fix it was to ensure that all the AI has a lower priority than the player consist. For example, if you have categorised the player as ‘express passenger’, make sure the AI is at least ‘stopping passenger’ or lower. Doing that fixed my conflicts immediately. I suspect the dispatcher in the Sim was setting the points for the opposing AI, which screwed up the player path. Turns out the dispatcher is a bit dumb!

It may be of no use at all, but I hope it is.

Cheers.

• Like Like x 1