PC Hdr For Tsw No Longer Working - Nvidia Driver 451.48

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by ItsYa165, Jun 27, 2020.

1. ItsYa165

ItsYa165 Well-Known Member

Nvidia driver 451.48 has fixed some HDR problems with Windows 10. But as a result, HDR for Train Sim World has gone out the window as a result. Train Sim does have a HDR mode, but this HDR mode may have to be reworked for Train Sim World 2. That includes a proper option for it in the settings and figuring out how to work it with TSW2 and Windows.

When HDR is enabled in the Windows settings, TSW just looks washed out. Before this driver update, having HDR enabled meant vibrant colours and bright whites. When I turn HDR off and on again in the Windows settings while running the game, I get richer colours but a picture that is missing the high contrast.

DTG needs to add proper HDR support for TSW2. HDR exists in TSW, it's time to "push further" within TSW2 like Matt said in the stream.

2. ItsYa165

ItsYa165 Well-Known Member

In all other games with HDR options and more support, the HDR works perfectly fine. For a matter of fact, Nvidia has seriously improved the HDR/SDR transition so that the screen no longer resets.

So I know that this is solely a TSW technical issue.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020