Hello Hello From Illinois!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by dwtrain21, Apr 17, 2018.

1. dwtrain21

dwtrain21 Member

Hey TS fans! I'm David. As you can see in the header I'm from the great state of Illinois. Just about anywhere I've lived has been within sight and sound of the tracks, and consequently I've come to love trains to the point that I've collected several books on the subject and acquired a decent digital collection of railroad Employee timetables so that I can actually understand and appreciate what's going on on the railroad. I've been into train simulation since around 2001 with the release of the classic MSTS while I was in middle school and that remained my main simulator until 2012.
    While I was in highschool my science class took a field trip to a science fair at the U of I where Norfolk Southern just happened to have a simulator set up in a trailer. My friends, knowing I was a rail buff, told me that I needed to check it out. To make a long story short, the NS guys were impressed with how familiar I already was with the controls and operating procedures as they hardly had to give me any instructions during the course of the simulation. They then asked what I was doing that year for Spring Break. I was actually going to Florida with my highschool orchestra to participate in Magic Music Days down in Disney World that year. After I told the guys that I had other plans over the Spring Break they dropped the subject, but I sometimes wonder what would have happened if I said I was free that week?
    I'm a veteran of MSTS and Trainz and a few other train-related franchises such as Railroad Tycoon. I came to this particular franchise in 2012 after I returned from a 2-year mission trip to Russia and saw that MSTS was showing its age, so I went to my local Wal-Mart and bought a copy of TS2012 and I've been playing ever since.
    I'm an American freight hauler with a love of steam locomotives, especially British ones. Most of the time when I play TS2018 I spend time in the editor tinkering around with scenario writing and trying out different lua scripting commands (hardly any of my scenarios actually make it to the workshop, however).
    I'm currently pursuing a Masters degree in cello performance at SIU in Edwardsville, IL so time isn't always my own, but I always enjoy the time I do have to sit down and play.

2. Farmer_C

Farmer_C Well-Known Member

Hello David and welcome to the forum. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself.

3. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Hello David welcome to the forums

4. baum

baum New Member

IllinoisDigital writemyessayfast

Hi guys, I'm an engineering student at Illinois Institute of Technology. In high school I was obsessed with Railroad Maps of Illinois (Illinois Digital Archives), I thought I would study cartography first, but my dad was a locomotive mechanic and I was tempted by his enthusiasm and applied for a mechanical engineering degree. I started with Trainz a couple of years ago and then switched to TS2019. I could play days and nights back then, but now I'm trying to learn some "constructive playing" if you know what I mean.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
  5. baum

baum New Member

If anyone is interested in the Railroad Maps, just PM me (I've saved the maps of 26 states).