Hello There

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Moonshadow99, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Moonshadow99

Moonshadow99 New Member

Hi All, I’ve recently retired and instead of opening countless spread sheets, word documents and reading emails while trying to enter important? data into the works pc, I thought I’d upgrade my home pc and try and get some pleasure from using one. Which I did early last year, Intel 5 processor (maybe should have got a more powerful one) then I got a curved monitor and a pair of Bose desktop speakers and then I upgraded the graphics card, I went for a GeForce GTX 1660.
    Now I was ready to start gaming but what genre, I tried arcade shot ‘em ups, adventures etc but my skills were just not fast enough. So I looked around on the Steam platform for various other options and came across simulations.
    Now as a child I used to stay with my Grandma in Nuneaton UK which was a mainline station and still is to some decree, and many an hour I spent on the platform train spotting, watching the classic steam engines passing through the station, the Flying Scotsman, the Mallard and I’d eagerly tick them off in my book, oh to have that book now. Them days in the sixties Nuneaton was a busy station with passenger trains, goods trains and a lot of shunting being done and just up the track from the station there was a maintenance shed which I’d go to now and again with friends, no health & safety back then, the engineers would help us up onto the footplate and allow us to walk under them in the inspection pit, great times I was in awe of the sheer size and power of them.
    So I bought TS2019 to try and really started to enjoy the scenarios and the experience of driving a steam engineS, I got the Flying Scotsman add-on of course, then I tried a diesel and hauling goods from Scotland to London, a long journey and uneventful yet still an experience, as a train driver I wanted a safe journey. Well I was hooked and I wanted to experience a modern day Inter City Express but to do so I had to buy TS2020 which I did and wow what a thrill it is to drive a train at 140mph and then try to gently slow it down to stop at a station.
    I like TS2020 better because of the short scenarios and tasks that you have to achieve and I try my utmost not to speed and hopefully get a gold star to pin to my drivers coat.
    Anyway I’m Bob, pleased to meet you all.