Hello.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Stevrhn, Dec 2, 2020.

Tags:
?
  1. how to be a passenger

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. yes i can help

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Stevrhn

Stevrhn New Member

I have never played this before and it is a lot to take in for my old brain. Does it get any easier if you stick with it and is it worth it? All I want to do is sit back and watch a journey. Is there an option to sit as a passenger and watch the world go by. I would be grateful for any help. Thank you

2. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

I believe there was comment, perhaps in the Steam forum, about this potentially being possible but it would involve some clever scripting.

3. guardupfront

guardupfront Active Member

There’s an option in the Settings to simplify the controls if that helps?

4. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

IIRC (it's been a while) you're presented with the simple controls at first and I'd recommend changing them to expert because the "simple" controls are not actually any simpler- just restrictive.

A couple of thoughts- some scenarios are more relaxed than others especially Standard in relation to Career scenarios with the scoring system and in many cases timings at the limit of achievability or, too often, simply impossible. Used well the scoring can be a useful indication to where you could improve but overall it, like Achievements, seems to be a Steam thing rather than a TS thing- a bit of an afterthought. Adopt an aloof attitude to Career points- they don't open up new things to do or gain you anything substantive. Don't forget about QuickDrive where you just decide where you want to start from and end up and can drive as relaxed and inattentively as you like.

Secondly there are many many YouTube videos of TS which can be nice to watch and give advice. There are many posted by shouty wazzocks as well so be warned- have a look for films posted by PTGRail.