Liveries Help/advice Needed

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by Zac031, Apr 18, 2024.

1. Zac031

Zac031 New Member

Hi all,
    I’m currently in the process on creating a livery for a 2+8 HST, I’m just wondering if there is any way to add a different powercar number on the rear end. I only seem to be able to edit the leading powercar & of course the coaching stock. Has anyone got this issue or know how to get around it and have two separate numbers rather than two PCs with the same number
    Cheers all

Last edited: Apr 18, 2024
  2. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

Afraid not, what's on ne PC is also on the other. Out of interest which livery are you doing?

3. spikeyorks

spikeyorks Well-Known Member

The only real work-around is a cheat I'm afraid.
    When you create your leading powercar put a different number on each side. Then when the game flips the rear powercar you'll see the other number instead giving the impression of two different powercars.
    As you can never see both sides of the train at once this 'cheat' is quite effective. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Zac031

Zac031 New Member

Many thanks for your reply, I’m doing the Merlin livery, I see there is also a few already been made, my version of it is trying to be almost a replica of the real thing despite only using a PS5 editor so it’s a huge challenge without most of the editing tools which a PC offers. Currently into my fifth day of working on the set. It is a slightly weathered Merlin livery with many little features in which others sadly haven’t included on their brilliant edits.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Zac031

Zac031 New Member

That is actually a very good idea! I was thinking along them lines however didn’t think more of putting it to my design. I will give that a go as it’s a brilliant idea. Many thanks for your reply :D

6. matt#4801

Very nice. Do pop a link here when you get it done so I (we?) can check it out! Certainly a challenge on the console, but achievable nonetheless.

• Like Like x 1
  7. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Don’t worry I’m on PS5 too and I can assure you that many things can be done on console, I was amazed by myself to be able to recreate some details I thought, was was only achievable on PC.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ludwigtails

ludwigtails Active Member

orrrr what you can try and do is just make the liveries on the sole powercar. Because either way you can spawn in GWR's MK3 carriages in (attach it to a loco+a mk2 to spawn them in) and then spawn the 2 power cars down and attach them to it to form whatever formation amount of mk3 carriages u want. Although that isnt as realistic. Its one way to get each end of the power car to get a different number.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Zac031

Zac031 New Member

Trying to make the Merlin logo is a right pain in the arse :D have you had the joys of attempting it, I think I’m definitely in for a long haul here

10. Zac031

Zac031 New Member

The edit isn’t fully complete as of yet but here’s a couple of images of her

IMG_3477.jpeg IMG_3478.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  11. matt#4801

12. Zac031

Zac031 New Member

Cheers mate, just adding the small details for the PC/Coaching index boxes #yawnfest

• Like Like x 1
  13. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

I have so many liveries to do, I’ll try to do it later but I’ve done some annoying logos to do like “Silverlink” and these below. What’s more annoying is the fact that all these hours making such details are gone as I can’t use these liveries. They were made on TSW 2 and 3 and there’s a glitch were they don’t appears correctly, DTG is aware but they don’t care as always.
    IMG_1889.jpeg IMG_1890.jpeg IMG_1891.jpeg
    I might have spent hours just for the coat of arms but anything is possible, if you have a strong mental lol.
    Your Merlin HST is really well done good job mate.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Zac031

Zac031 New Member

Many thanks for the kind words mate, much appreciated. Your liveries must of took a serious amount of time, very detailed and looking spot on! Hoping to have my Merlin livery ready for use by hopefully this upcoming midweek fingers crossed

15. Zac031

Zac031 New Member

My edit is finally uploaded, I think I have covered everything that I could get onto it. I’m not sure on how to pop a link onto here for you.. I’m not overly good at these kind of things “embarrassing I know” if you head to the creator part I’m sure you’ll see it buddy. If you are able to download it then I hope you enjoy using it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. matt#4801

17. Zac031

Zac031 New Member

• Like Like x 1