Help From Someone Owning A Raildriver

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by KonTux, Feb 12, 2023.

1. KonTux

KonTux New Member

Hey there,

I am currently building a custom cab controller and to achieve this I am programming a microcontroller to act like a RailDriver.
    When a USB device is plugged in, it sends multiple pieces of information to the host computer to let it know what type of device it is (like a keyboard/mouse/controller etc.) along with other details about itself. Thanks to this reply(link) I was able to mimic most of the RailDriver's properties. However, there is one important piece of the puzzle remaining that I wasn't able to figure out / find on the internet.

Could anyone who owns a RailDriver help me with that?

To extract the necessary information from it it needs to be plugged in and a tool called `win-hid-dump`(download-link) needs to be run (To confirm this isn't malware, this(link) is the programme's source code).
    It does not modify your device/your computer, it just reads some information from the RailDriver (called a 'HID report descriptor') that tells the host computer how to interpret the data it receives from the connected device.
    Simply extract the downloaded zip archive and open the command prompt/terminal in the folder containing the executable (How to open cmd in a specific folder).
    Run the programme by typing
    Code:
    .\winhiddump.exe
    This will output a bunch of numbers formatted in blocks. You can post the output here or DM them to me.

Thank you so much :)