Hi Everybody From California Im Louis

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by sflaboyz, Mar 25, 2021.

1. sflaboyz

sflaboyz New Member

I have been a Train Buff my whole life, my Father, Uncle, and Aunt all worked for the SP, my Dad worked for 48 years as a carmen, shop forman, to head dispatcher in the Sacramento yards before retiring in 1986 and passed away in 2002. My Uncle went the other route through the transportation Dept, he started as a brakemen for the City of SF passenger train from Sac to Sparks Nev then back the next day, I as a little tike at the time admired them both, they were doing what I wanted to do when I grew up, I wanted to be a hoghead (Loco engineer) I would travel with my Dad and Uncle at times on the City of SF now Amtrak Zepher to Reno to visit my Dads Uncle who lived there, we would get to Reno at about 9:30pm sometimes we would stay in the baggage car, or in a reg coach,by this time my Uncle was Head Conductor in the 1960s.Those were the good old days, when the f7s and Alcos were at the point, the consists were usually sp baggage, up chair cars maybe 3 then a lounge sp, followed by sp dinner and sp full dome car and usually last were at least 3 up sleepers. I n the summer months the consists were longer sometimes 22 cars total, but it was rare. My Uncle before retirement went into freight as a conductor Roseville to Dunsmuir on the Sacramento Division. I lost my Uncle in the 80s to a severe Heart Attack while fishing. Now Im all grown up ready to retire myself from a major Transportation Company after almost 30 years, and NO it was not the railroad, anyway I have been playing mts, trainz, and now rail simulator. Im glad Im here. Im HAPPY TO MEET YOU ALL Louis

• Like Like x 1
  2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Hello Louis and welcome to the Forums.

3. DIFFLOCK

DIFFLOCK Active Member

Interesting railroading family history, Louis. Welcome!