Hi Guys, Getting Back Into Train Sim...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by scotteffone, Feb 24, 2018.

1. scotteffone

scotteffone New Member

Hi everyone,

Hello from New Zealand! This looks like a nice community and I'm about to get back trains. Unfortunately, I need to buy a new computer to do this... I've settled on an entry level computer and aim to slowly and cheaply get back into this and will upgrade it over time. I have no issues running at lower settings and being slightly below the times!

One quesiton I have though, I bought Train Sim in 2011 and when I look at TS 2018 on steam it says I already own it. Does this mean I have been upgraded over the years with the base game? I do plan to purchase some of the add-ons.

• Like Like x 2
  2. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums!

To answer your question; yes, your base game has been updated to TS2018. Games on Steam will update automatically unless otherwise instructed to do so.

• Like Like x 1
  3. scotteffone

scotteffone New Member

Awesome thanks, I thought that was the case but I just wasn't quite sure since it's been a while...

4. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

Of course! Hope you enjoy your time in the forums and your time back in Train Simulator! If you have any questions, most anyone here in the forums will be happy to assist you.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Farmer_C

Farmer_C Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum scotteffone. Good to have you here and great that you have decided to make a comeback to TS.

• Like Like x 2
  6. scotteffone

scotteffone New Member

Cheers guys. There's a lot of content for this game which is awesome!

• Like Like x 1