Other Hi, I'm Your New Community Manager!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DTG Benjamin, Jun 14, 2021.

1. DTG Benjamin

DTG Benjamin Staff Member

[​IMG]

Hi there, wonderful to meet you all. I’m Benjamin and I’m super flipping excited to say... I am the new Community Manager here for Dovetail Games - Fishing. The eagle eyed among you will have spotted me over the last month or so in the Discord and Facebook groups and it’s been a joy to see such an engaged and enthusiastic community. Ultimately I’m here to represent you, the players.

So, who am I? Well, mainly I'm a human being, just like you. I spent my formative years playing guitar and writing songs for a heavy metal band called ‘Malefice’ (be warned, if you check it out, it’s pretty heavy!). In my late 20’s I realised I’d punished my body enough and started writing cinematic music for films, which is a little bit more my speed as it’s mostly sitting down and plonking keys on a keyboard. I’ve also been streaming on Twitch and creating content for YouTube over the last 5 years, which leads me neatly into gaming!

[​IMG]

My first memory of gaming is watching my dad play Mario on the NES. I remember this very clearly because it was the same day I accidentally deleted his save file because I wanted to play (oops!). From then on I considered myself a gamer.

[​IMG]

Here you can see my brother and I wearing matching Man Utd shirts, playing the Sega Master System that we’d just opened on Christmas morning. I remember coming home from school to play MW2, throwing knives only on Rust! The fact I remember these moments is testament to the true power gaming has to connect people, create shared experiences and to immerse yourself in new worlds.

I’ve always really enjoyed Sim games and have put a lot of hours into games like Theme Park, Theme Hospital, SimCity, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Jurassic World Evolution, Farming Simulator, Train Sim World 2 and now lots and lots of fishing! I may not have experience fishing (in the real world) but I didn’t have experience building a zoo for dinosaurs and so far only a few people have died...pesky raptors. With some hard work from me and plenty of help from you guys, I have no doubt that I’ll lvl up to “Knower of all things fishing” through the exciting weeks and months ahead!

I’ve racked up about 30 hours in Fishing Sim World Pro Tour so far, I'm currently leading the pack in the Pro Leagues and will be conquering the Elite soon! I’m also really enjoying competing in the online Dovetail Fishing Leagues. Any tips on how to climb the leader boards feel free to @ me! Oh and Bassmaster Fishing 2022 is COMING!

It’s my second week here at Dovetail Games so please bear with me while I do my best to get up to speed while working remotely. The team here on fishing is close-knit, but fantastic and we can’t wait to show you all what we’ve been working on!

In my spare time I love movies, film soundtracks, gaming… obviously and the great outdoors. I’m hoping to get a truck that I can load up with camping gear and kayaks to get out and explore in!

Before I go, I’m sure some of you are thinking to yourself “...but what about Clarkey, I like him”. Don’t panic, he’s still here, he is now Junior Brand Manager and will still be playing an active part in the community, popping up in the streams and chatting in Discord, just not to the extent he has been. Remaining active in the community will remain important for Clarkey moving forwards as he works with the broader fishing team to help guide the future of our fishing games. I know I have big shoes to fill and I can’t wait to get to know you all better over the coming weeks, months and years!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Welcome Ben! :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Great to have you on-board, Ben! :)

• Like Like x 1