Hma Layers Like Gwe

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by GA Railfan17, Feb 1, 2021.

1. GA Railfan17

GA Railfan17 Active Member

Just wanted to know how the layers are coming along. But why did you choose to disable the layers because the hidden services on GWE have never been disabled which I can't imagine does anything good for FPS either, and GWE has been out for a long time. On HMA, people should be able to choose whether layers are on or not, some people (like me) are willing to have a lower FPS for the layers. Surely you should reinstate the layers on the Series X and PS5 because they would have no problem running the extra layers because the sheer power behind them. Would love to hear everyone's opinions on this.

• Like Like x 3
  2. jackmc2007

jackmc2007 Active Member

I agree, making them accessible on next gen consoles would be a good idea. However, this would mean DTG would need to make a near enough new build of the game. This would take a lot of time I would imagine. Anyway, DTG have stated that they will be doing some optimisation to the game. So we will just have to see what that brings to the game. Going back to HMA, some people on base PS4s and XB1s run to sometimes below 10fps at Munich hbf. So at the moment I think it would be best for the Optimisation to be completed and released.

Jack.

• Like Like x 2
  3. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Yes, the ability to choose would be wonderful

• Like Like x 2
  4. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I totally agree, ideally they should let the player choose whether they want to have them activated or not.
    I was lucky enough to play with the layers and with the 427 services the route is wonderful. Also I didn't have much bigger performance problems than now.
    But DTG decided to treat us like little kids and forbid us to enjoy the route in all its splendour.
    It's funny because they take months to fix problems and instead they patched this in 24 hours, being something that was only activated by doing a certain service out of many, which meant that it was very difficult to play with the layers activated if you didn't want to trigger it specifically, like with GWE.

• Like Like x 4
  5. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Yes, it does feel like dtg are treating us like toddlers, when in actual fact most of us are able to make these decisions ourselves. I have played gwe with the extra layers on my Xbox one s without trouble- I drove a hst to slough where I waited for a train to turn up to take me somewhere. It turned out the train in boarded was going to Windsor. Even though it said end of represented area, it has no impact on my experience

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  6. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

The extra services on gwe didn't affect last gen consoles but the extra services on hma did affect the base ps4/xbox one to the point that it would cause game crashes for some. Xbox One X and PS4 Pro didn't really have that big of an issue but dtg weren't gonna take chances with hma crashing constantly so they took them out. Yes it stinks but it'll be worth it for last gen players to get optimization fixes so everyone can get extra services on hma

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

GWE doesn’t have 3000 signals, and you’re comparing 2 different amounts of services.

• Like Like x 2
  8. joulz75

joulz75 Active Member

Hopefully we won't have to wait for too long because yes it is on the roadmap but no idea of when it's gonna be achieved :(

• Like Like x 1