Horn Selector For American Locomotives

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by brodeyness4, Nov 4, 2020.

1. brodeyness4

brodeyness4 Active Member

In my opinion currently, the horns on American locos (excluding Caltrain) are horrendous sounding and do not sound anything like the real horns... If they would bring in this feature, they could find audio of certain horns like the K5LA, K5HL, K5LLA, K3LA, K5H, P3, P5, RS5T, RS3L, etc., and we could select which horn we would like on our locomotive.

• Like Like x 1
  2. willyh79ez

willyh79ez New Member

agreed, they show to much love on European trains and put more effort in the horns on those trains than the ones on the US except cal train

3. jeremydunn8

jeremydunn8 Well-Known Member

What I would suggest is a part customizer, where you can swap out things like the horn, lights (nose or cab, ditchlight flash), bell, and more. That way the horn would match with the locomotive and the sound. Also better horn sounds would be nice on all trains, maybe something along the lines of Searchlight Simulations horns? It just seems kind of backwards for the “next gen” simulator to have worse sounds than the legacy simulator.

• Like Like x 1
  4. rodgers.jayshawn4848

rodgers.jayshawn4848 Active Member

It would be great if they can add that for Xbox too

5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

If they can’t find the right audio or implement it well for the one horn they put on a loco, what makes you thing they could correctly find and implement a selection of 9 or more horns? It makes no sense. If they could find and implement the correct horn for the loco then they would.

• Like Like x 1
  6. jeremydunn8

jeremydunn8 Well-Known Member

Well no one loco (at least in the us) has just one horn. It depends on the specs and when the unit was made. But the SPG horns are absolute garbage. Just look up searchlight simulations horns and you’ll see what I’m asking for. If they can do it with a legacy game I don’t see why they can’t do it now (hopefully DTG not searchlight would do it though). Sound really is the one issue I have with this game.