Hot Key For Train Reset

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by JonnE, Mar 26, 2020.

Tags:
  1. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Hello,

I've had an idea to make TSW more attractive for new players - just keep in mind, that nearly 98% of the players never ever reach even the first trophy! This is very alarming, over all games you can figure out a number of 50% loss to that point.

So taking action to increase the number of consistent players must be a major target in the development strategy.
    More players, more DLCs sold, more income, more possibilities. Simple as that.

One thing I often read from new players is that they often get in situations where they're not able to get the train moving at all anymore. This can be extremely frustrating, no matter if it's the fault of the driver or a bug or whatever.

An advanced train driver, like most of the users here are, knows what to do an gets it back in action. But even helping new users out turns out to be extremely difficult from the distance - just because so many different settings matter here.

So my idea would be a hot key kombination for resetting the train - like a makro which shuts it down and boots it up again.

It should be connected with a key combination that can't be pressed by accident - but be used in emergency cases.
    Like anything on a keyboard, or LT + RT + Y or something like that with a controller.

Maybe it could be combined with a onscreen message to wait for the brakes to re-charge or "train reset in progress... please wait".

This also could make tracing bugs easier since it has the possibility to eliminate user-made errors.

This feature is also integrated in many racing games where it has proven itself worthy. Why not here?

• Like Like x 2
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I think that is an excellent idea. It may not fit with the (selective) realism of the developer’s vision but would certainly aid the less experienced user and, as you say, those who just give up too early due to the frustration caused by an immovable train.

Even the experienced user could use it in times of forgetfulness, as the number of trains in the game increases, and of course those into realism at all costs could ignore the feature if they wish.

• Like Like x 2