How Do We Know That A Screenshot Has Been Disqualified From The Competition?

Discussion in 'Creation Centre' started by Random Railfan, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

Since the screenshot contest only allows stuff available on Steam and no mods, does DTG actually notify you that you've been disqualified? I've seen lots of screenshots submitted to the contest from people that didn't know it had to be official content, and although users alerted them about this, DTG never said anything. Do they message the user privately or just never tell them that they can't win?

2. Average_Joe57

Average_Joe57 Active Member

Good question, wish I had an answer. :/

• Like Like x 1
  3. Brutalist Ape

Brutalist Ape Well-Known Member

DTG won't tell you that you've been disqualified. They'll simply pick a screenshot that is within the rules and move on.

I've never seen an instance of someone being actively told by DTG that their screenshot wasn't suitable, with the exception of the American route (I forget which one) which can't be used due to copyright/licencing issues.

4. doc_woods

doc_woods Active Member

Is this about IronBladder's hand-drawn masterpiece? Because they kind of did say it wasn't eligible.

That said: I'd guess the most efficient way of working would be to pick a favourite then check it's eligible, rather than check everyone's then pick. I imagine you might get a ping if they noticed, but unless it's a potential winner I doubt they're examined in detail.