How Does Clinchfeild Run On Your Xbox?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Aeromericium, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Aeromericium

Aeromericium New Member

I just started a timetable session on Clinchfeild with the F7 and I'm getting 12fps avg inside and out.
    I'm contemplating refunding it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Which service is that? There is one service which runs poorly for a little while because it has 60 freight cars (not for long, you drop 20 off fairly shortly after start).

Otherwise framerates seemed fine in testing - but do let us know if you find service(s) that are at that kind of level as that needs looking at.

• Like Like x 3
  3. davebadger#4587

davebadger#4587 Member

Which xbox are you using? Not sure how to check frame rate on the series x, but is running smoothly

4. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

It is only possible using a keyboard. Press F3 and it shows in the top right.

• Like Like x 1
  5. davebadger#4587

davebadger#4587 Member

Ah, sadly I don't have a keyboard so can't get an exact figure

6. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

which service is that?

7. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Haven't had any issues so far, seems smoother than SPG for sure. This is on an base (non-kinect) Xbox 1.

8. Djb1990

Djb1990 Active Member

On standard xbox one here. Done a standard timetable run with 40 wagons, and got pretty consistent 19-22 fps in and out of the cab. A few drops here and there, lowest I saw was 16 once.

For comparison, sand patch tends to hover around 17-20 fps fairly consistently. SEHS is generally higher at around 25-30 fps, but then I get regular drops to well below 20, especially in the high speed sections.

So clinchfield may be fairly low frame rate compared to some other routes, but it is consistent, which, to me, is way more important.

The worst thing about the performance on clinchfield is the popping in of textures, most noticeably the trees. I know texture pop in is an issue on every route, but it just seems so much more noticeable on clinchfield. When I tested the frame rate on sand patch it definitely didn't seem as obvious. I don't know if it is just a console thing, as I don't remember it looking this bad on the last preview stream.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Aeromericium

Aeromericium New Member

Thanks Matt

I can’t remember what service it was but I think it was just that specific one causing frame drops. I’m now averaging around 20fps, which is what I expected for my Xbox One S.

10. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

50-60fps on my series x!

• Like Like x 1
  11. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Ooh, get you with your fancy machine :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

The improved frame rate for TSW2 was one of the biggest factors in deciding to get a Series X.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Well, that's very impressive. I have a pretty decent PC but I don't expect those frame rates. Maybe I'm backing the wrong horse.

14. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

Clinchfield runs a silky smooth 0 FPS on my xbone 1x because i don't own it yet :D :D, hopefully soon that will change when life decides to be nice and not try to drown me in smelly brown stuff that lives in the loo.........:mad: :( :D

15. fizpix

fizpix Well-Known Member

Smooth here on limited power doing a solid 60 fps on the Xbox one s

16. christofer.o

christofer.o New Member

Xbox Series X here. It runs very smoooth around 60 fps. Fingers crossed for some updates in the future to utilize more of the XSXs horsepower.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

Same here on first generation PS4. 50+ cars affect fps pretty bad, on SPG and CRR. I don't have a keyboard, but it seems fps drops well below 20 fps with long trains.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
  18. ildario77

When TSW came out on consoles, you limited some features on GWE for performance reasons. Why not the same on these routes? Honestly I wouldn't mind driving a 30-40 cars train on SPG or CRR. Still a great experience, with a way better fps. Guys, just try to uncouple a dozen cars and see the difference.

19. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

That 60 car train isn't quite as simple as just losing some cars unfortunately - because 2 lots of 10 get added to the 40, then a different 2 lots of 10 are dropped off elsewhere and then whats left are spread around at moss - so dropping it by 20 means rewriting the whole thing.

Not saying that's a reason not to do it - just why it wasn't done yet.

Normally for Xbox One / PS4 we do limit to 40 cars.

Matt.

20. ildario77

Thanks. But on SPG there are several 50+ cars services, some of them with 2 additional helpers. They hit fps pretty bad.

21. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

Not completely smooth on Series X. Whenever the locomotive is on the screen (in external view) the framerate drops considerably, although it's still miles better than on One X. Both SEHS and Clinchfield does this, which is disappointing after all other routes I've played so far are almost completely locked at 60 fps. Maybe it's the more dense scenery on both of these routes or something else with loco physics or something. Hard to tell. I'm waiting for those memory / performance improvements and with this year's "big release" hopefully even more dedicated optimization on Series X|S consoles.

(The above applies to the 4K mode only, in "HD" mode it's locked 60 fps. I do believe the higher rendering resolution could be lowered to around 1800p, though. It wouldn't make much difference on screen but would definitely help performance.)

22. dedh98mosqueto

dedh98mosqueto Active Member

The only issue I have is accidentally applying the emergency brakes.

23. casssp

casssp Member

Could someone with the Clinchfield route please tell me how the compositions are in planner mode? Are they long, short or there are both to choose? Any pictures from the list for me to take a look at?

Thanks!

24. dedh98mosqueto

dedh98mosqueto Active Member

They work like everything else; however, there is no way to change the last A unit's facing direction.