How Does The Br 112/br 143 Work?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Br425, Jun 5, 2022.

1. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

I dont know if I am doing anything wrong, but I always cant get the BR 112 and the 143 (DRA) moving after a stop. It always looks like this:
    As long as the main throttle is in Off position, the white box on the bottom right HUD display is white, which means that the train can be moved:
    whitebox.png

But as soon as I move the throttle to On position or to any speed, the box turns red, which means that the train cannot be moved:
    red borx.png

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? I mean I can always get going when I spawn in, but after the first stop, it is somehow not possible anymore...

2. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Are the brakes definitely off? Haven't driven it in a while but I think if you set the AFB to on, then set it to off again, does that work?

3. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

The two brakes are definitely released. And I have been turning the AFB off and on again all the time, but every time I turn it on, the box turns red.

4. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Hi there. You have to wait until the bc is at 1.2. yours is at 1.7. just wait until it comes down, apply power and you should be good to go. With the 112, not sure since I've not driven it in a while but if you're having issues, best to wait until bc at 0.0 before applying power. You might still have to turn afb off and on quickly.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2022
  5. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Yes, and to get the brake pressure below 1.2 you might want to check the brake key is insterted and turned on (not entirely sure if the current version of the 112/143 has that) and that the handle is not in the off but in the release position (this gets me sometimes when driving the 143)

6. gazz292

gazz292 Well-Known Member

As others have said, until the pressure in the brake chambers is near zero, the throttle is locked out,

This train does take a while to respond to the throttle, i just tried it, left the TAV switch on 'door release left' as in your photo's, released the brakes with the lever and put the speed lever to 50kph,

nothing happened until the brake chamber pressure needle got to near zero, then it started applying notches and moving, but it was like 5 or more seconds until this started happening.

If that needle is not moving downwards, have you tried pressing the round yellow 'brake release' button?